GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Not Again, damn you Microsoft !"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/10/02 at 15:59
Regular
So, for the third time this year I'm wondering whether to buy an Xbox. First I was going to get one at launch - I sold my PS2 and all the games....but then changed my mind 5 days from launch and bought a new PS2. Then, in May, I nearly had one then, but bought a Gamecube instead which I really like. Now, it's October, I've just traded in the sixth new release in a row that I bought for PS2 (Hitman 2, previously Tekken 4, Deus Ex, Final Fantasy X, and a pile of others. I'm bored of being told how great Vice City is, The Getaway will be rubbish, and Tomb Raider has been put back til next year.

What's the game that's tempted me ? Splinter Cell, looks brilliant and totally excellent. Plus, though I haven't got Broadband yet, I'm seriously impressed by MS's Xbox Live - unlike Sony's plan its clear, has major games support, and there's a definite price for it which seems quite reasonable. On top of that I still want Halo, DOA3, PGR, Buffy, Jetset Radio, Ralisport, Sega GT2002, and a fair few others.

I've belittled Microsoft's console before, but I think this Christmas their are quite a few games there to impress people.

Er...and thats it really. Pretty pointless topic eh ? Just sitting around geting ready to snipe someone on Ebay he he :)

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 10/11/02 at 01:00
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
The thing is, I was just making a point about X-Box Live and it wasn't long before I had fanboys jumping down my throat as though I was attacking the GC and insulting it - which I wasn't doing.

As for you taking my side - thanks mate, I don't think I read the post though as I got sick of spending ages in that topic arguing with fanboys so I just left.

Anyway, we see plenty of eachother in here to carry on any conversation.
;-))
Sun 10/11/02 at 00:54
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Well from now on I'll just stick to debating with you two in here
> cause after the flood of abuse I got in the other forum, I have no
> interest in going in there and having to reply to a dozen kids
> stamping their feet and crying while trying to sort the likes of your
> posts out.

You didn't get THAT much abuse! Just argued with. :-D
Besides, I took your side. I've become a bit of an Xbox fan in that forum.
Also Sonic Rav will back you up... so long as he's here to stay...

> Seeing as the decent Ninties seem to come in here anyway, I'll just
> stay in here.

I'm actually still a Ninty here. I must be one of those argumentative people... :-D
Sun 10/11/02 at 00:49
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Belldandy wrote
1)Don't trust them or their advice, ever.

True, a game employe was talking to a costomer asking about xbox, he said you need to buy a memory card to save games. I was about to jump in and say he was gettin coned by the game guy. They are quite uniformed general about games, some don't even care.
2)Don't trade in games their, they rip you off big time.

True.
3)You can trust the average Game employee as far as you can kick them.

as shown above.

4)Sony probably own 99% of Game's shares.

Well, er no works for game, doesn't he?

If game is so poor, why do I still buy there? A real mistery.
Sun 10/11/02 at 00:46
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well from now on I'll just stick to debating with you two in here cause after the flood of abuse I got in the other forum, I have no interest in going in there and having to reply to a dozen kids stamping their feet and crying while trying to sort the likes of your posts out.

Seeing as the decent Ninties seem to come in here anyway, I'll just stay in here.
Sun 10/11/02 at 00:38
Regular
Well I'm not one of them.

I love a good debate! :-)
Sun 10/11/02 at 00:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Well Dringo was speaking about games, but you seemed to think tech
> specs were the most important things.

Which games are better can just be argued forever. What I was making a point about is that a poor service will lead to limited games. So overall, I was talking about the games.

> Personally, I don't care who posts what. Sure, I tried to spell out
> Dringo's point a bit more to you, but I really didn't mind about what
> you were saying. These forums are for discussion and as long as we
> stick to the main suggested point (e.g. X-Box, GameCube, PS2, etc),
> who cares if other consoles are included? The more information in the
> discussion, the better I say - it helps the people make more educated
> decisions and responses, and also makes good conversation.

Unfortunatly a good number of posters in the Ninty forum don't feel the same way as you. Either the GC gets praised or abuse is hurled seems to be the attitude of a decent number of them.
Sat 09/11/02 at 22:16
Regular
"He was dead. I could tell by the cold and accusing stare of his eyes."
Sat 09/11/02 at 22:09
Regular
Oi, Lay off Max Payne Mav, Don't go there :)
Sat 09/11/02 at 22:08
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Ironically I went into the Ninty forum recently and made a point about
> X-Box Live after someone said that the GC's online service was going
> to "blow it away".

Well Dringo was speaking about games, but you seemed to think tech specs were the most important things.

> I was soon bombarded with abuse from Ninties who wanted to know why I
> was making a point about the X-Box in the Ninty forum - bloody cheek
> when you look at the cack we get in here from them. What made it
> worse was that some of them that had this attitude often come in here
> praising the GC.

Personally, I don't care who posts what. Sure, I tried to spell out Dringo's point a bit more to you, but I really didn't mind about what you were saying. These forums are for discussion and as long as we stick to the main suggested point (e.g. X-Box, GameCube, PS2, etc), who cares if other consoles are included? The more information in the discussion, the better I say - it helps the people make more educated decisions and responses, and also makes good conversation.
Sat 09/11/02 at 22:04
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> What was original about it though ? I mean apart from the bits where
> you choose what to say to people, and where your can augment your
> agent with stuff ? I hated the dialogue as well...cheese ahoy !

How about the plot? And it's just the little things that made it so great. Like finding datacubes with people's bank account details on, and hacking ATMs. Personally I didn't find the dialogue cheesy, not when compared to games such as Max Payne!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.