GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Not Again, damn you Microsoft !"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/10/02 at 15:59
Regular
So, for the third time this year I'm wondering whether to buy an Xbox. First I was going to get one at launch - I sold my PS2 and all the games....but then changed my mind 5 days from launch and bought a new PS2. Then, in May, I nearly had one then, but bought a Gamecube instead which I really like. Now, it's October, I've just traded in the sixth new release in a row that I bought for PS2 (Hitman 2, previously Tekken 4, Deus Ex, Final Fantasy X, and a pile of others. I'm bored of being told how great Vice City is, The Getaway will be rubbish, and Tomb Raider has been put back til next year.

What's the game that's tempted me ? Splinter Cell, looks brilliant and totally excellent. Plus, though I haven't got Broadband yet, I'm seriously impressed by MS's Xbox Live - unlike Sony's plan its clear, has major games support, and there's a definite price for it which seems quite reasonable. On top of that I still want Halo, DOA3, PGR, Buffy, Jetset Radio, Ralisport, Sega GT2002, and a fair few others.

I've belittled Microsoft's console before, but I think this Christmas their are quite a few games there to impress people.

Er...and thats it really. Pretty pointless topic eh ? Just sitting around geting ready to snipe someone on Ebay he he :)

~~Belldandy~~
Wed 30/10/02 at 15:59
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
So, for the third time this year I'm wondering whether to buy an Xbox. First I was going to get one at launch - I sold my PS2 and all the games....but then changed my mind 5 days from launch and bought a new PS2. Then, in May, I nearly had one then, but bought a Gamecube instead which I really like. Now, it's October, I've just traded in the sixth new release in a row that I bought for PS2 (Hitman 2, previously Tekken 4, Deus Ex, Final Fantasy X, and a pile of others. I'm bored of being told how great Vice City is, The Getaway will be rubbish, and Tomb Raider has been put back til next year.

What's the game that's tempted me ? Splinter Cell, looks brilliant and totally excellent. Plus, though I haven't got Broadband yet, I'm seriously impressed by MS's Xbox Live - unlike Sony's plan its clear, has major games support, and there's a definite price for it which seems quite reasonable. On top of that I still want Halo, DOA3, PGR, Buffy, Jetset Radio, Ralisport, Sega GT2002, and a fair few others.

I've belittled Microsoft's console before, but I think this Christmas their are quite a few games there to impress people.

Er...and thats it really. Pretty pointless topic eh ? Just sitting around geting ready to snipe someone on Ebay he he :)

~~Belldandy~~
Wed 30/10/02 at 17:30
Regular
Hmm...

It's both a good time AND a bad time to get an Xbox.

A good time because the price is reasonable, the line-up is good, and Xbox live is just a month away, but also a bad time because price cuts are just beyond the horizon...
Wed 30/10/02 at 17:41
"High polygon count"
Belldandy wrote:
> The Getaway will be rubbish

And you know this for a fact because...?

Anyway, the solution is simple - keep your PS2 and buy an Xbox, and have the best of both worlds. After all - keeping your PS2 doesn't cost you anything, does it?
Wed 30/10/02 at 17:45
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I thought Splinter Cell was on PS2 as well.
Wed 30/10/02 at 17:48
"High polygon count"
It will be, eventually. A few months of Xbox exclusivity first, though.
Wed 30/10/02 at 17:50
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Yep, so not really a good reason to buy an XBox. No one can be so desperate as to buy an XBox only to play a game a few months earlier.
Wed 30/10/02 at 18:13
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Well nothing on Ps2 really interests me at the moment, apart from Timesplitters 2 which I could get on Xbox or my Gamecube anyway.

The Getaway will forever live in GTA Vice's shadow, and neither are really my type of game anyway.

~~Belldandy~~
Wed 30/10/02 at 19:02
Belldandy wrote:
> Well nothing on Ps2 really interests me at the moment, apart from
> Timesplitters 2 which I could get on Xbox or my Gamecube anyway.
>
> The Getaway will forever live in GTA Vice's shadow, and neither are
> really my type of game anyway.
>
> ~~Belldandy~~

I aint you but I think you will enjoy your xbox
Wed 30/10/02 at 19:07
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Belldandy wrote:
> Well nothing on Ps2 really interests me at the moment

I thought you said you liked the look of Splinter Cell? That's only XBox exclusive for a short time before going to PS2.
Wed 30/10/02 at 19:07
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
As from Friday, you can get Xbox + JSRF + Sega GT2002 for £160. You will also be able to get Controller S for £25.

Perfect time to buy one, in my opinion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.