GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Goatboy and Smoking"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/03/02 at 21:03
Regular
Just wondering, Mr. Goatboy sir, if you have considered that smoking is one of the biggest ways you can be played by the system?

The nicotine is only in there to get you addicted...and your money goes to big companys who make thier money by effectivly selling a product that gives people cancer.

I'm not trying to stop you smoking, because I know how much you hate that. I was just wondering if you, as someone who hates being played, had considered this?

Innocent question. Don't rant at me, please.

*Cowers in corner*
Fri 22/03/02 at 22:29
Regular
Mr. Happy wrote:

> which is pretty much what I guess Goatboy will say when he sees this.

I'd normally say "it's his funeral", but it's also everyone else around him's too.
Fri 22/03/02 at 22:23
"slightlyshortertagl"
I HATE smoking...

i have this thing where i can detect smoking from up to 10-15 meters away (no exaggeration)... I guess i;ve just adapted i hate smoking and cant stand sitting or standing next to someone who smokes...

My mum smokes but not in front of me :-D

I cant stand the stuff that gets blown out which has already been filtered quite nicely by the little cilia in your throat which are dieing every second.. One thing i cant understand it HOW can you stand the crap going INTO you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Fri 22/03/02 at 22:21
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Longy:0) wrote:
> thats bad, it's not a noble way to die how could it be

Vinnegut didn't say it was the noblest way to die, he said it was the noblest form of suicide.

It's a pro-choice statement and it acknowledges both sides of the argument and says "I don't care I will still smoke", which is pretty much what I guess Goatboy will say when he sees this.
Fri 22/03/02 at 22:14
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Stryke wrote:
> Smoking is bad, in my opinion.

Smoking is good, in Goatboy's opinion.

Does
> it really matter who's right? Smoking pays for the NHS anyway. :-)

---

*Thinks*

That could make a good advert actually.

"Smoke! Smoke now if you want the NHS to survive. We all smoke here at the NHS, and we enjoy it, and now, so can you. Join the smokers."

Ah well, we can dream.

;-)
Fri 22/03/02 at 22:11
Regular
Ah, but a lot more lives could actually be saved by the NHS if people didn't give themselves and each other lung cancer.

I personally can't stand the choky feeling I get in my chest when someone around me smokes. So I don't know how anyone can actually fill their lungs with that crap intentionally.

No offence, but Smoking is a killer, and it's not just smokers it effects.
Fri 22/03/02 at 22:08
Regular
Smoking is bad, in my opinion.

Smoking is good, in Goatboy's opinion.

Does it really matter who's right? Smoking pays for the NHS anyway. :-)
Fri 22/03/02 at 22:05
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
School tries to put us off smoking, and I'll say "my a**e!" many a time if it does.
Fri 22/03/02 at 22:01
Regular
"WWJD"
thats bad, it's not a noble way to die how could it be
Fri 22/03/02 at 21:55
Regular
Ah, Smoking is a bad thing. If not for yourself for non-smokers.

Non-smokers don't get any choice. We have to inhale the tobacco fumes filling our lungs with tar.

Did you know that you're more likely to die as a non-smoker through passive smoking than by smoking yourself?

Roy Castle found that out the hard way. He never smoked, but he used to play his instrument in clubs where it was very smokey. That's how he got lung cancer.
Fri 22/03/02 at 21:51
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Kurt Vonnegut said that smoking is the noblest form of suicide.

That's pro-smoking, not that I smoke, but it sums up the debate pretty accurately I think.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.