GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Money making tips? Anyone got any?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/10/02 at 20:35
Regular
Okay, as the title says, I need tips on how to make money. I need about £250 by next Friday. I'm 15, so bare that in mind, and I have school, so a job can only be afternoon work. I will not:

Sell my body :cD
Use any stupid solutions
Tell you why I need the money

Just give me any way in which you have made this amount of money. I'm prepared to sell some of my stuff. I did try selling my 100 boxed Spectrum games, but the bloke in the shop (I asked three places!) said they are too OLD! OLD, so define Retro for me then. Retro is 1986 (my games were made then), they asked for 1994 stuff! Pfft. So I can't sell them unless I use eBay. So, get writing away and give me your tips.
Thu 31/10/02 at 21:06
Regular
I need it for a PS2 and games :cD

Also I need it to put my social life back on track.

Myst, I was gunna sell all 100 items in the same package :c) Do I have to create a seller account? Gah!
Thu 31/10/02 at 21:09
Regular
DW wrote:

> Myst, I was gunna sell all 100 items in the same package :c) Do I have
> to create a seller account? Gah!
Course you'll need to register. And FYI. You've got no chance in hell of getting enough for a PS2 and getting your social life on track. Leave the PS2 til Christmas and work on the "social life" tis more important to have mates than a healthy green glow.
Thu 31/10/02 at 21:19
Regular
"Festivus!"
Join ciao. See me for more information...
Thu 31/10/02 at 21:21
"slightlyshortertagl"
Tribute wrote:
> Join ciao. See me for more information...

dont bother, i got kicked off cause i used a review that i posted here,
Thu 31/10/02 at 21:28
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Get a GC, cheaper than s PS2.

Ah bet you want it for GTA: Vice City
Thu 31/10/02 at 21:30
"...Unicef pennies.."
The problem with the eBay "plan" is that even if you arre happy with the charges that they impose, you'll struggle to get it all sold and paid for by friday anyway.

One hundred lots will take a good few hours to list if you sell it all separately. Then the shortest auction you can do is two days. After the two days the winning bidders won't get their cheques to you for three or four days unless you are very lucky. Then you have to wait for them to clear...

And you'll be too busy faffing with bubblewrap and parcel tape to have time to play with your new PS2 on friday!

In all seriousness, you should check for similar items on eBay, and if you like the prices that they sell for, then go for it. But give yourself plenty of time to do this, as bidders will have more faith in listed items that look like the seller has taken care preparing the listings, and they'll sell for more...

Hope that's some help.
Thu 31/10/02 at 21:32
Regular
HálloHowArtThou wrote:
> Tribute wrote:
>
> dont bother, i got kicked off cause i used a review that i posted
> here,
I got banned from Dooyoo for doing that..but with other users reviews.
Ho ho ho. They wanted me to say sorry.
Balls to that!
Thu 31/10/02 at 21:34
Regular
Semajal wrote:
> Get a GC, cheaper than s PS2.
>
> Ah bet you want it for GTA: Vice City
Shame he won't be able to get it what with being a boy child n all.
Hahahahhahahaha
Thu 31/10/02 at 21:54
Regular
I want a PS2 for SmackDown 4 actually. :c)

Sweaty men grappling with each other. Magic!
Thu 31/10/02 at 21:55
Regular
Tribute wrote:

What in the freak'N doodle is Ciao?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.