GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Money making tips? Anyone got any?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/10/02 at 20:35
Regular
Okay, as the title says, I need tips on how to make money. I need about £250 by next Friday. I'm 15, so bare that in mind, and I have school, so a job can only be afternoon work. I will not:

Sell my body :cD
Use any stupid solutions
Tell you why I need the money

Just give me any way in which you have made this amount of money. I'm prepared to sell some of my stuff. I did try selling my 100 boxed Spectrum games, but the bloke in the shop (I asked three places!) said they are too OLD! OLD, so define Retro for me then. Retro is 1986 (my games were made then), they asked for 1994 stuff! Pfft. So I can't sell them unless I use eBay. So, get writing away and give me your tips.
Thu 31/10/02 at 20:35
Regular
Okay, as the title says, I need tips on how to make money. I need about £250 by next Friday. I'm 15, so bare that in mind, and I have school, so a job can only be afternoon work. I will not:

Sell my body :cD
Use any stupid solutions
Tell you why I need the money

Just give me any way in which you have made this amount of money. I'm prepared to sell some of my stuff. I did try selling my 100 boxed Spectrum games, but the bloke in the shop (I asked three places!) said they are too OLD! OLD, so define Retro for me then. Retro is 1986 (my games were made then), they asked for 1994 stuff! Pfft. So I can't sell them unless I use eBay. So, get writing away and give me your tips.
Thu 31/10/02 at 20:37
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Sell your body like in Blackadder

No way you'll make it

hoho
Thu 31/10/02 at 20:44
Regular
Next Friday? No chance.
Ho-Ho-Ho
Thu 31/10/02 at 20:47
Regular
Sell your caravan?
Thu 31/10/02 at 20:48
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Go down the docks
Thu 31/10/02 at 20:52
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Sell your caravan?

Done that, only made an apple, a bag of Quavers and half a Mars Bar. :c(
Thu 31/10/02 at 20:53
Regular
The human body is priceless on the blackmarket...Sell a kidney and you could buy yourself a nice BMW to replace the donkey that pulls your caravan.
Thu 31/10/02 at 20:53
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I recently sold a fair few of my PS1 games and about 5 PS2 games, got about £111 for it, could try that.
Thu 31/10/02 at 20:54
Regular
Mystique wrote:
> Next Friday? No chance.
> Ho-Ho-Ho

I will make this money. Somehow. How much does it cost to sell on ebay? And for eBay to take some money, the product actually has to sell, right? I'm going to sell all 100 games online :c)
Thu 31/10/02 at 20:56
Regular
Mystique wrote:
> The human body is priceless on the blackmarket...Sell a kidney and you
> could buy yourself a nice BMW to replace the donkey that pulls your
> caravan.

:cD

HAH, comedy night on SR. The donkey that pulls my caravan is getting very tired, that's why we sold the caravan. Now he has nothing to pull (I'm gunna regret saying that!)...and I have nothing to live in :c(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.