GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NGC has lost it."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/11/02 at 14:55
Regular
I got NGC editon 74 yesterday and after reading their review of SFA I am outraged by it, I have totally begun to distrust every single Review that they will be posting in the future after I read this certain review. They always try to find something to go on about the game in a non likeable perspective, like it's tedious and it's not really original.
I never really like them since they changed to their big version of the magazine. Also what I find hard to beleive is that they completed the game in 15 hours, that and Eternal Darkness (well it might be possible for ED).

I really hope that they can redeem themselves from this, because the rest of the magazine is good but not the best. I find CUBE to be the best so far, NOM is good because of their walkthroughs and tips section, G-force because of it's free DVD with every issue (hopefully it will have a DVD with Starfox video clips on it).
Sat 02/11/02 at 19:42
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Did they just say that it wasn't as great as they expected. How come everyone else says it's great, then?
Sat 02/11/02 at 19:52
"The Will of D."
Okay then NGC have a grudge against RARE for joining the darkside.
Sat 02/11/02 at 19:58
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Seriously SFA is guff, i posted about it after playing it in America.

NGC are just being honest.
Sat 02/11/02 at 20:15
An even worse score for the game has been given by Edge - Six out of Ten.
Sat 02/11/02 at 20:30
Regular
I'm getting it anyway, reall y couldn't care less about the magazine revies, i've been waiting for ths game for ages so i'll make my own mind up about it.
Sat 02/11/02 at 20:40
Excellent, me too. I've already pre-rdered it from Co... ah, I can't say - but it was for £31.99, damn it? It was just too tempting...
Sat 02/11/02 at 20:41
As you can tell, I'm confused by the purchase... damn it!!
Sat 02/11/02 at 20:47
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I totally agree, i'm degusted with the mark of SFA. SFA was given a stupid mark and the whole review was pure nonsense. They really didn't have a good word to write about it, obviously being very upset about Rare leaving they wanted to get revenge. What Rare have achieved with this game is fantastic, the graphics are superb and the whole thing is a great experience. It's also the total opposite to the CUBE review (who should we believe??) Cube wrote 'It will take 20-30 hours to complete' NGC wrote '12-15 hours', Cube wrote 'You'll want to play it again', NGC wrote 'You won't even want to finish it'. I'm sorry to say this but it's perhaps the worst ever issue i have ever purchased, and they had the cheek to write at the end of 10 pages of taking the Pi** out of it 'Not actually bad'. With a CUBE score of 9.4 and an NGC one of 72% i don't not who to believe, but my feeling goes with CUBE though, who have shown there issues get better each month!!! :D
Sat 02/11/02 at 20:56
Regular
"aliens exist"
NGC - the last page nearly gave me a heartattack, why is there a picture of a n64 and gamecube in the bin??? what the hell is going on ?

secondly, a boast, a while back there was a debate about over how long SFA would be and people were saying 40 hours and i was the only person saying how this was a load of cr8p, i said it would be about half that, and no-one agreed, now NGC did it in 15! so to everyone else, ha ha ha (smug face)

also the phantasy star beginners guide was really good,
Sat 02/11/02 at 21:26
Regular
"bit of a brain"
See, the way I see it, there quibbles seem justified. If the game is like they say it is, then why are you all complaining. Did CUBE magazine not mention how easy it was, or how it was exactly like Zelda. Sure the game looks great, but then, so does FIFA. If it's like they say it is, why the hell are you saying you are disgusted, do you just read the score or something. I realise that they were obviously annoyed that it wasn't as good as they thought, but what they said seemed perfectly justified.
Let me ask you this, if it hadn't been hyped, and it didn't look quite so good, or it wasn't made by Rarem would you still be angry?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.