GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NGC has lost it."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/11/02 at 14:55
Regular
I got NGC editon 74 yesterday and after reading their review of SFA I am outraged by it, I have totally begun to distrust every single Review that they will be posting in the future after I read this certain review. They always try to find something to go on about the game in a non likeable perspective, like it's tedious and it's not really original.
I never really like them since they changed to their big version of the magazine. Also what I find hard to beleive is that they completed the game in 15 hours, that and Eternal Darkness (well it might be possible for ED).

I really hope that they can redeem themselves from this, because the rest of the magazine is good but not the best. I find CUBE to be the best so far, NOM is good because of their walkthroughs and tips section, G-force because of it's free DVD with every issue (hopefully it will have a DVD with Starfox video clips on it).
Sat 02/11/02 at 16:51
Regular
Any magazine that gives Medal Of Honour 98% should be burned.
Sat 02/11/02 at 17:06
Regular
exactly what i mean
Wipeout fushion got 91%
ill go find it and quote some more
Sat 02/11/02 at 17:38
"The Will of D."
Eternal Darkness got a reasonable 90%, I think so to.
I don't think that saying in every review that they completed the games in 15 hours, it's so repetive for them to say that for every game.
Sat 02/11/02 at 17:46
Regular
They've played it, you haven't.

Who's in the better position to judge?
Sat 02/11/02 at 17:48
Regular
maddmun wrote:
> agt least most of their reviews are honest. My brothers Ps2 magazines
> rate 90 percent of games above, well, 90%. Medal Of Honour gets 98% as
> well as other games but the highest ever in NGC is 97% and thats only
> been given once i think.

In the 'N64' incarnation, the highest score was 98%, awarded to Zelda: OOT.
Sat 02/11/02 at 17:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Zelda = 98%
MOH = 98%

Let me see...............hmmmmmm.........somethings wrong here.........
Sat 02/11/02 at 17:55
Regular
Definately.

When my brother got MOH I admit I as pleasently surprised.

the first level was fun, the weapons felt nice, there was some nice variation where your the gunner on a truck and stuff.

But there was still mucho crapness bits in it.

I would give it about 86%
Sat 02/11/02 at 18:10
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Absolute krubbish compared to the PC version though. Simply because you can spend around 30 seconds trying to hit someone with a bullet from a machine gun.
Sat 02/11/02 at 18:22
Regular
I was talking about the PC version.
Sat 02/11/02 at 18:28
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Zelda = 98%
> MOH = 98%
>
> Let me see...............hmmmmmm.........somethings wrong
> here.........

Zelda 97% shows how overexagerative PS2 mags are, giving MOH 98%

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.