GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NGC has lost it."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/11/02 at 14:55
Regular
I got NGC editon 74 yesterday and after reading their review of SFA I am outraged by it, I have totally begun to distrust every single Review that they will be posting in the future after I read this certain review. They always try to find something to go on about the game in a non likeable perspective, like it's tedious and it's not really original.
I never really like them since they changed to their big version of the magazine. Also what I find hard to beleive is that they completed the game in 15 hours, that and Eternal Darkness (well it might be possible for ED).

I really hope that they can redeem themselves from this, because the rest of the magazine is good but not the best. I find CUBE to be the best so far, NOM is good because of their walkthroughs and tips section, G-force because of it's free DVD with every issue (hopefully it will have a DVD with Starfox video clips on it).
Sat 02/11/02 at 21:36
Regular
"aliens exist"
even thgouh cune didnt giove it that good a review i so cant wait for Phanmtasy star online, only prob is its scheduled for the 3rd quarter of 2003 dag nam it
Sat 02/11/02 at 21:36
Regular
"aliens exist"
did i mention i cant type
Sat 02/11/02 at 21:39
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I have Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast. It is great, and my favourite online game. It's decent offline too. But nothing compares to finding a team who actually want to play and completing the game with them. I presume that the GC version will suffer from idiots who just use it like a chatroom, which is what happened in PSO ver.2 on the Dreamcast.
Sat 02/11/02 at 22:03
Regular
"Festivus!"
Maybe its a crap game. Maybe its boring. Maybe it wasn't good for 5 years of production. Maybe the hype was too much for it. maybe it was too short. Maybe it was repetitive. Maybe it wasn't to the reviewers liking. Maybe they just don't like rare. There.
Sat 02/11/02 at 22:30
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Do magazines make up your mind or something? They give views and opinions.

Remember the whole South Park deal?
And what about that WCW Vs NWO fiasco?

Magazines can't always be spot on, come on.
Sat 02/11/02 at 22:38
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Untitled wrote:
> NGC - the last page nearly gave me a heartattack, why is there a
> picture of a n64 and gamecube in the bin??? what the hell is going on
> ?

Im guessing the pic was supposed to be the refuse from RARE. Now they cant have nintendo stuff in the house, its all going in the bin.
Sat 02/11/02 at 23:20
"The Will of D."
Tribute wrote:
> Maybe its a crap game. Maybe its boring. Maybe it wasn't good for 5
> years of production. Maybe the hype was too much for it. maybe it was
> too short. Maybe it was repetitive. Maybe it wasn't to the reviewers
> liking. Maybe they just don't like rare. There.

Actually the game Starfox Adventures was in production for 3 and a half years, but Dinosaur planet was in for 5 years.
Sat 02/11/02 at 23:21
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You are hilarious.
Sat 02/11/02 at 23:23
"The Will of D."
Thank you, that was the only thing that I actually believed in the NGC review.
Sat 02/11/02 at 23:26
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Why do you think they lied. It's mor likely that CUBE lied.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.