GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NGC has lost it."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/11/02 at 14:55
Regular
I got NGC editon 74 yesterday and after reading their review of SFA I am outraged by it, I have totally begun to distrust every single Review that they will be posting in the future after I read this certain review. They always try to find something to go on about the game in a non likeable perspective, like it's tedious and it's not really original.
I never really like them since they changed to their big version of the magazine. Also what I find hard to beleive is that they completed the game in 15 hours, that and Eternal Darkness (well it might be possible for ED).

I really hope that they can redeem themselves from this, because the rest of the magazine is good but not the best. I find CUBE to be the best so far, NOM is good because of their walkthroughs and tips section, G-force because of it's free DVD with every issue (hopefully it will have a DVD with Starfox video clips on it).
Sat 02/11/02 at 14:55
"The Will of D."
I got NGC editon 74 yesterday and after reading their review of SFA I am outraged by it, I have totally begun to distrust every single Review that they will be posting in the future after I read this certain review. They always try to find something to go on about the game in a non likeable perspective, like it's tedious and it's not really original.
I never really like them since they changed to their big version of the magazine. Also what I find hard to beleive is that they completed the game in 15 hours, that and Eternal Darkness (well it might be possible for ED).

I really hope that they can redeem themselves from this, because the rest of the magazine is good but not the best. I find CUBE to be the best so far, NOM is good because of their walkthroughs and tips section, G-force because of it's free DVD with every issue (hopefully it will have a DVD with Starfox video clips on it).
Sat 02/11/02 at 15:01
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
Wel, i don't have the latest issue of NGC but i think the're the best mag around, i also get cube and nom. I hate noms new scoring system (1-10, how rubbish) and cubes free gifts(now we've got two free inlay trays, arn't we lucky?)
I'd best go out and find an NGC!
Sat 02/11/02 at 15:02
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Well u ain't played the game yet have you? So maybe they might be right!

Don't judge a book by its cover, as they say!

:)
Sat 02/11/02 at 15:04
"The Will of D."
Then how come 3 magazine so far have rated it above 94%
Sat 02/11/02 at 15:18
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
The Elimin@to® wrote:
> Then how come 3 magazine so far have rated it above 94%

Cos different ppl have different opinions!

Sat 02/11/02 at 15:28
Regular
once nom gets the demo discs they will be the best, IN MY VIEW, thats what has always let them down the free gifts.

As for the scoring system you are right, it is bad. many good games like rsei evil are only 2 points ahead of bad games, making them sound not that good, but if it was 100 it would oh been 94 and the others 78 or something.
Sat 02/11/02 at 15:32
"The Will of D."
That review stands out like a sore thumb to every other review of SFA that I have read so far, even American reviews.
Sat 02/11/02 at 15:40
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Oh well. I personally think the game looks wicked, and can't wait to play it!

Sat 02/11/02 at 15:45
Regular
The Elimin@to® wrote:
> That review stands out like a sore thumb to every other review of SFA
> that I have read so far, even American reviews.

I think its the person doing the review more than anything else, becuase of rare leaving is a sad reason to give it a low score.
I hate racers, and in my view burnout is the best ive played but i still wouldnt give it more than 7. This reviewer could of hated RPGs so he would give it a low score, no one knows, but im sure some people will write in.
Sat 02/11/02 at 16:48
Regular
agt least most of their reviews are honest. My brothers Ps2 magazines rate 90 percent of games above, well, 90%. Medal Of Honour gets 98% as well as other games but the highest ever in NGC is 97% and thats only been given once i think.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.