GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NGC has lost it."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/11/02 at 14:55
Regular
I got NGC editon 74 yesterday and after reading their review of SFA I am outraged by it, I have totally begun to distrust every single Review that they will be posting in the future after I read this certain review. They always try to find something to go on about the game in a non likeable perspective, like it's tedious and it's not really original.
I never really like them since they changed to their big version of the magazine. Also what I find hard to beleive is that they completed the game in 15 hours, that and Eternal Darkness (well it might be possible for ED).

I really hope that they can redeem themselves from this, because the rest of the magazine is good but not the best. I find CUBE to be the best so far, NOM is good because of their walkthroughs and tips section, G-force because of it's free DVD with every issue (hopefully it will have a DVD with Starfox video clips on it).
Mon 11/11/02 at 16:28
Regular
"Conker the King"
I absolutely agree. NGC has gone down hill since they changed to that ridiculously LARGE magazine format. I mean for gods sake, it doesnt fit anything. BOOKSHELF - too big! MAGAZINE RACK - too big! BOX FILE - Heck no too damn big! Im not disputing the rating for Starfox either, I'll play it first and make my own mind up and if I dont like it i'll take it back (its by RARE anyway so its GOT to be pretty good). Also, CUBE is the best Gamecube mag out there, its reviews are spot on. Its content is spot on and its letters page is always good. Anyway, enough of this squabbling, Im just waiting for 1080 2 Snowboarding to come out (1080 was fantastic on the N64).

Bye Bye.
Sun 10/11/02 at 16:30
i got need for speed and then when i read the article about it in NGC i was appaled. it says it is rubbish. its a wicked game dont get me wrong though its no burnout.
Sat 09/11/02 at 18:59
Regular
does anyone know about the "Lakitu Lens" (ie."send in a picture win a GC game") thing, because I happen to have a picture of an N64 on a TV program.
Questions
1) Do you instantly win if you send in a valid picture?
2) If so, can you pick the game you win?
and 3) Can you email it?
Sat 09/11/02 at 16:07
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It's very true. It's still no DC-UK though.
Sat 09/11/02 at 15:32
Regular
"¬_¬"
NGC is better than all other Nintendo-specific magazines. And you shouldn't go judging games before you play them - you haven't played SFA and don't say you have.

NGC are becoming more like Edge - more critical in their judging of games. Which is a good thing - SFA IS tedious, boring and short. And Edge only gave it a 7.

Don't complain - you can still buy the game if you must.
Sat 09/11/02 at 15:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I wonder if he ever won a game for sending in a 'letter'.
Sat 09/11/02 at 15:05
Regular
gazza guy wrote:
> I like NOM it's the best, but I think it was better before it changed

Judging by previous comments of yours in other threads, this doesn't suprise me.
Sat 09/11/02 at 15:02
I like NOM it's the best, but I think it was better before it changed
Sat 09/11/02 at 02:23
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
How many cards you got?
Fri 08/11/02 at 21:59
"The Will of D."
cookie monster wrote:
> The only problem i have with NGC is the fact they plaguerise
> Gamefaq's. Take a look at their lost kingdoms tips and then check one
> of the faq's, its a straight copy.

Yes I saw that too.... I still haven't found that missing #28 card...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.