GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"gamecube suck"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/11/02 at 17:35
Regular
"That £129.99 price is far too expensive, and there's no good games for it."

see!!!!1 even special reserve think gamecube [gamepube hahahahaha!] is suck!!!!!!!!!!11111111

[Sorry. Someone had to do it, and I thought it should be me.]
Wed 06/11/02 at 13:12
"Darkness, always"
for a less moronic and biased opinion, ask anyone other than top score
Wed 06/11/02 at 13:11
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And the special features, 5.1 Stereo or DTS Stereo. Superbit picture encoding, digital quality images.
Audio commentaries, jump to a scene, no rewinding, cheaper and available a lot more quickly, able to play multi-region allowing access to films otherwise unavailable over here.

Yep, that DVD sure is a silly thing.
Wed 06/11/02 at 13:09
Regular
> I'm a bit behind the times I think. I've only got a Playstation 1 and
> a PC. Is there any console that I should be interested in?

If you want to play your old PS1 games as well then PS2 is your choice it should be your choice anyway it has the biggest games library the cheapest games, most games that are multi-format comeout on PS2 first and the others are just ported games anyway. The Gamecube does not play N64 games and the X-box will not play your PC games even though it has PC architecture which I find highly amusing considering all the users it could of had.
Wed 06/11/02 at 13:02
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Sure, if you call looking after a VHS never putting into the machine. Play a VHS about 20 times and you will soon notice the qualitly degrading.

As for breaking DVDs, what on earth are you doing with them? I have loads of CDs and DVDs and I've never broken one of them.
Wed 06/11/02 at 12:59
"Darkness, always"
well, if you look after a VHS and the respective player correctly, you won't lose quality...
Wed 06/11/02 at 12:52
"slightlyshortertagl"
gamecube is cr@p :-P
Wed 06/11/02 at 11:11
Regular
I agree with Rosalind, I saw AI on DVD for &7.99 recently.
Problem with DVDs is that they can break easier, although they don't wear out so easily, so you have to choose what is the best for you.
I'll stick with DVD though.
Wed 06/11/02 at 11:09
Regular
I'm a bit behind the times I think. I've only got a Playstation 1 and a PC. Is there any console that I should be interested in?
Wed 06/11/02 at 11:08
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I buy DVDs because they last longer. Lots of my videos have been worn out through being played over and over. Doesn't happen to DVDs

If you look around you can find decently priced DVDs that are often cheaper or the same price as VHS.

Of course the best systems don't always win out.
Wed 06/11/02 at 10:59
"Darkness, always"
DVDs are only useful for other people to make decent quality versions of films available for download.

Personally, I have a VHS player, and a DVD player. I have over 100 VHS tapes, and 2 DVDs. I think DVDs are overly priced, and generally still buy films on VHS, since watching DVDs on a television, the difference in both visual and sound quality is legligible.

I'll buy the odd "blockbuster film" on DVD. Everything else I'll get cheaper on VHS.

Dave RJR, you plug the PS2 like it's the be-all and end-all.

If so, why do some people not buy it?

If it were so excellent, GameCube sales and XBOX sales would amount to almost nothing. Have you even considered the possibility that these consoles offer something that the PS2 does not?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.