GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Had a spin on Morrowind *raises thumbs and screams*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind'.
Sun 10/11/02 at 19:54
Regular
Its just as beautiful as I wanted it to be taking that the PC version was superb.

I push anyone who likes hundreds of hours of gameplay and a perfect unique experience to get this game on friday.

Its so damn good.

Yay! I don't have to have it on my PC anymore. :)

Anyone thinking of getting it?
Tue 12/11/02 at 11:29
Regular
IT should all be there. A CD holds 650 MB, altough you can get 700MB ones as well.

A DVD Can hold up to 7.5GB. Thats roughly 10 CD's. So unless Morrowind is a really huge game, it'll all be there.
Tue 12/11/02 at 12:12
Yea whats the point in cutting of part of the game??

Makes no sense porting it then.
Tue 12/11/02 at 13:26
Regular
"smile, it's free"
The only problem with the XBox version is that you can't download all the expansion packs and customise the game in the way you can on the PC...
Tue 12/11/02 at 13:50
Regular
True, but if the game is as big as it's supposed to be, do you really need to?
Tue 12/11/02 at 14:07
there is ment to be bad clipping according to ign.
Tue 12/11/02 at 15:22
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I've never bothered with the expansion packs, but the game modding is quite cool. Create your own dungeons, items, etc. If you feel the game is unbalanced you can adjust it in just about any way you want.

eg, I decided it was unrealistic that my character could carry 14,000 gold pieces with no encumberance, so I edited the weight of gold pieces.

It's an excellent game as it is, but with a game with such a huge scope there are always going to be things you think should be slightly different. With the construction kit in the PC version, you can make those changes.

Does the XBox version contain the construction set? As it has a hard drive, I see no reason why it shouldn't...
Tue 12/11/02 at 15:24
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Silent85 wrote:
> there is ment to be bad clipping according to ign.

Yeah, you can occasionally have problems with enemies limbs sticking through doors, like Goldeneye on the N64. There are a couple of othr glitches, but nothing serious.
Tue 12/11/02 at 17:08
Regular
Storage isn't the point I'm trying to make here.

What I mean is, I beleive the X-box version only contains the data from the first CD of the PC game, it doesn't have anything from the second or third disc at all.

But I'm not certain, which is why I asked.
Tue 12/11/02 at 17:09
Regular
I know the Xbox version doesn't have some of the editors and stuff tha the PC version has, but I wouldn't have thought the game would fit on 1 CD, and all the editors would take up 2!
Tue 12/11/02 at 17:16
Regular
*falls over*

Okay, let me try again.

CD1 - Game data
CD2 - Construction kit, as well as the data for being able to do your own spells, weapons, clothes, armour etc.
CD3 - Tribunal, contains another 40-50 hours of game data.

The X-box game is only the first CD.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.