GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Had a spin on Morrowind *raises thumbs and screams*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind'.
Sun 10/11/02 at 19:54
Regular
Its just as beautiful as I wanted it to be taking that the PC version was superb.

I push anyone who likes hundreds of hours of gameplay and a perfect unique experience to get this game on friday.

Its so damn good.

Yay! I don't have to have it on my PC anymore. :)

Anyone thinking of getting it?
Mon 11/11/02 at 13:42
Regular
"smile, it's free"
YH, in your final year, do *NOT* buy Morrowind. That game ate up around three weeks of my summer. I put in a fourteen hour day on a couple of occasions...

As a general rule, I don't like RPG's. I couldn't stand FF7 of 8, and didn't look at any of the others after that. I also played Neverwinter Nights, also supposed to be really good. Didn't like that, either - in fact I did a review of it saying why I didn't like it...

Morrowind though, had me totally hooked. It's the sheer open-endedness of the game and the size of the world that makes it so immersive. You really can do whatever you want. For example, you don't just buy from shops. You can haggle, steal, or simply kill the owner and loot the place. Watch for the guards though :)

There are loads of stats and things to watch, but it doesn't detract from the game at all.

But don't buy it. You'll fail your degree.
Mon 11/11/02 at 15:43
Regular
14 hours a day? Ouch!

Thing is, I REALLY want it, so I know I'm going to give in at some point :-)

Cheers for the advice, I was a bit wary of it as I've not really been into RPG's before, but the open-endedness of it really appeals. It sounds kind of like GTA 3, only with a sword.
Mon 11/11/02 at 16:17
Regular
Hey Venom, looks like we had a very similar summer :D

Seriously though, the game does rule, theres no other RPG like it. You can do whatever the hell you feel like. Graphics are pretty sweet too, especcially the thunder storms and sand storms.
Mon 11/11/02 at 18:39
Regular
"everyone says it"
Seriously YH. Don't get it yet because it will stunt your learning curve :-D

What I do recommend though is something a lot basic and still my favorite and what I say is the best game ever. Secret of Mana.

Try and find it and pick it up for the SNES. :)

Or get Morrowind and have square eyes.
Mon 11/11/02 at 19:09
I have it on pre-order :D
Mon 11/11/02 at 19:13
Regular
Morrowind does look tasty.
Mon 11/11/02 at 19:42
cant wait again for friday :D:D
Mon 11/11/02 at 23:55
Regular
Er-no, would I be right in assuming the X-box version is inferior, only containing the first disc of the game?
Mon 11/11/02 at 23:57
Regular
"everyone says it"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Er-no, would I be right in assuming the X-box version is inferior,
> only containing the first disc of the game?

From what I can tell no, I would at a guess say the game is recorded onto DVD standard disks for the XBox game and CD disks for the PC game.

It doesn't look inferior however the minimum specs to run the game on a PC are higher than the chip within the XBox, however its nothing to go on.

I will find out that information for you. It now interests me to what media something will change.
Tue 12/11/02 at 07:45
Regular
But it doesn't have the data from the third disc does it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.