GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why wasn't there any...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/11/02 at 11:32
Regular
Posts regarding the Splinter Cell demo?

I would have thought that there would have been loads of "Have you played the demo!??!", "Splinter Cell ROX!!!" type threads, but none.

It's not really my sort of game, so I only gave the demo a real quick spin. I may have another go this weekend though.

But what's wrong with the game? Did it not live up to the hype, and that's why there were no threads about it? Or was everyone so busy playing it that they didn't get round to posting about it?
Mon 18/11/02 at 22:45
Just got this demo today It is awesome the light feature is great how do you use the optic thing???
Mon 18/11/02 at 08:47
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Damn, so busy yesterday I didjn't even have time to look at the charts :( Not in again until Wednesday and by then most places should have it in stock if it's going to be out this week.

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 17/11/02 at 23:40
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Just noticed Deathrow, also on the demo has the same Polygon Tearing Glitch thingy as splintercell. So mabye its the demos fault and it won't appear in the final build of the game.
Sun 17/11/02 at 09:22
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
When I go to work today I'll see whether its down in the chart for Friday. Okay, so where I work is rubbish BUT our charts are accurate when it comes to releases, I'll post on here when I get back if it's down for this Friday, though Game in Nottingham Victoria told me the 29th as well, same day as Ghost Recon.....

Both games scored 9/10 in XGM :)

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 17/11/02 at 08:56
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
The thing that puts me off Splinter Cell is the 14 missions it has. If there missions that take hours to complete and are really long then it wouldnt be a problem. But if you can get through say the first 5 or 6 in the first hour of play that would be annoying.

Trying to get the demo to see if I do like it, before I consider getting it. Tried to get the demo yesterday but they didnt have any copies. I didnt bother going in to the town, so places like WHsmiths should have it e.t.c.
Sun 17/11/02 at 00:37
I hope its the 29th to be honest gives me enough time to get my money ready
Sat 16/11/02 at 18:45
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
i am confused about the release, cos on SR it says 22nd, but when you complete the demo of splinter cell it says afterwards that it is released on 29th. i really hope it is 22nd cos i have pre-ordered it and can't wait to play the full version of the game.
Sat 16/11/02 at 18:18
Regular
I can get through the DEMO without using one bullet, setting off one alarm, knocking out or killing any guards or without smashing lights with objects lying around. This game is going to be huge and I really can't wait for it to come out, please let it be next friday :)
Sat 16/11/02 at 12:09
Regular
SR seem to beleive its the 22nd, but GAME say its the 29th (I have mine on pre-order)

The demo is quite short, But gives an insight into the game. There is alot more gadgets and weapons in the full game. If anyone read the preview in OXM a few months back, you'd know...

I can complete the demo with firing one shot, But only setting one guard unconcious.

Firstly, your outside of a foreign police station, go down the stairs and open the door. You'll see a corridor with a few overnight-stay cells. Wait for the guard to go up the stairs, then quietly run to the shaded area near the steps. The guard will go into a room , you'll see him through the window using the computer. Whack on your night vision and go through the door, virtually straight ahead is a light bulb switch, flcik that and hide yourself between the two storage crates. The guard will attempt to switch the light back on, slowly come behind him and press A. As you know this makes Sam hold the guard hostage. Pull the right trigger to knock him out and walk out the door, and head towards the morgue. Silently go through the door, and slowly head towards the geek, hold him, and interrogate him for a while, then knock him out. Head through the next door that leads into the morgue and hide yourself behind the fabric curtain, and shoot the security camera, this can be quite tricky. Head towards the two bodys, and Echelon will talk to you about something. Stroll out of the morgue area, and keep on heading down that corridor, through the door, and up the stairs. Say "YES" to the checkpoint question.

The next part is in my opinion the easyest part of the demo. Go through the door and crouch/run (by pressing B to crouch) and slowly keep on the right and side of the wall, behind the curtain, past the door and just walk through the shaded area until you reach the automatic door that leads to the next section. Quietly move up the stairs, and say "YES" to the checkpoint question.

Whack on your nightvision, And stay on the right hand side, crouch walking slowly. When you rech the final door at the end, go through it, and quietly as you can head through the curtain without alerting the guard. Hold him hostage and knock him out. Use the computer near by. Head out the door you came in, and again stay on the left handside, without alerting the office workers. Head down the stairs and through the door. Stay in the shade, and walk towards the entrance door. The end :)
Fri 15/11/02 at 23:54
sounds amazing whats the release date???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.