GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it just me or..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/11/02 at 20:35
Regular
Is Xbox Live not on anyone elses priority list? It really isn't something that I am desperate to get and to be honest I think that too much emphesis is being placed upon it. Don't get me wrong I think that downloading new levels and extras will be superb but it isn't something that I can't wait to get. I also don't care too much about playing people across Xbox Live because I aren't into Multi-Player games that much and if I am I invite a friend around to play Halo and Dead or Alive 3 etc!

The service is going to be superb and by far the best online service out of all 3 consoles by a long shot. If a game focuses on Multi-Player over songle player then I avoid getting it, also if a PC game is based around online play I avoid getting it as well. The biggest asset to Xbox Live is the ability to download new levels and characters in my opinion and this is the only reason I will pick it up sometime next year. However until then I value my money on buying the great games on the Xbox between now and Christmas over concentrating on Xbox Live.

By the way has anyone checked the latest IGN reviews for Xbox? The games are scoring highly and there are a few on there that I wasn't expecting to be any good!

Anyone feel the same way? Am I on my own with this one?
Tue 12/11/02 at 23:01
Regular
"everyone says it"
Whitestripes wrote:
> er-no wrote:
>
> Thats why Nintendo don't want to dive in. Its a very risky market,
> especially in Europe where a long as we have BT, we will not have
> good
> internet gaming. :(
>
> Thats not true, it will just be 10 years behind :)

Yeah, still it will then be ten years behind other countries.

We have the best televisions though. PAL is more advanced than NTSC :)
Tue 12/11/02 at 22:59
Regular
er-no wrote:

> Thats why Nintendo don't want to dive in. Its a very risky market,
> especially in Europe where a long as we have BT, we will not have good
> internet gaming. :(

Thats not true, it will just be 10 years behind :)
Tue 12/11/02 at 22:57
Regular
"everyone says it"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> On the other hand, online console gaming could fall flat on its face
> all round. If take-up isn't good, that could force prices up,
> eventually alienating the initial early takers.
>
> It's a big gamble for everyone, I think.

Thats why Nintendo don't want to dive in. Its a very risky market, especially in Europe where a long as we have BT, we will not have good internet gaming. :(
Tue 12/11/02 at 22:29
"High polygon count"
On the other hand, online console gaming could fall flat on its face all round. If take-up isn't good, that could force prices up, eventually alienating the initial early takers.

It's a big gamble for everyone, I think.
Tue 12/11/02 at 22:28
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Same here, with so many other releases coming forward, Xbox Live is being pushed to the back of the budget list.
Tue 12/11/02 at 22:23
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
For me Xbox Live was something that made me consider buying an Xbox in the first place, I had a PS2 (with Sony's ambitious, but to me none too specific plans) and a GC (Nintendo hasn't got a clue...) and wanted to play online. Sold my PS2 and got an Xbox, I'll get Broadband by the end of the year and once I've got the starter kit I'm sorted.

I think online gaming will be the next big thing with consoles, and with a network in place, a built in HD, and strong online games, Xbox is in a strong position.

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 12/11/02 at 20:35
Regular
Is Xbox Live not on anyone elses priority list? It really isn't something that I am desperate to get and to be honest I think that too much emphesis is being placed upon it. Don't get me wrong I think that downloading new levels and extras will be superb but it isn't something that I can't wait to get. I also don't care too much about playing people across Xbox Live because I aren't into Multi-Player games that much and if I am I invite a friend around to play Halo and Dead or Alive 3 etc!

The service is going to be superb and by far the best online service out of all 3 consoles by a long shot. If a game focuses on Multi-Player over songle player then I avoid getting it, also if a PC game is based around online play I avoid getting it as well. The biggest asset to Xbox Live is the ability to download new levels and characters in my opinion and this is the only reason I will pick it up sometime next year. However until then I value my money on buying the great games on the Xbox between now and Christmas over concentrating on Xbox Live.

By the way has anyone checked the latest IGN reviews for Xbox? The games are scoring highly and there are a few on there that I wasn't expecting to be any good!

Anyone feel the same way? Am I on my own with this one?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.