GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox Live Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/11/02 at 23:49
Regular
Just been looking at a few games coming to XBox Live. 3 are out very soon and are all looking great.

Unreal Championship 22nd November
Mech Assault 22 November
Ghost Recon 6 December

Going to try and pick up all of these sometime this year. May have to get some for christmas. Think I may even scrub off a few games I wanted like Burnout 2 and Timesplitters 2.

Which games are you going to be getting?
Mon 02/12/02 at 12:47
Regular
"LiveTag=Lord Justic"
Silent85 wrote:
> Yea I have hosted a 16 player on my 1mb line and I have not
> experienced lag yet apart from when a frenchman joined :P
>
>
> Also what is the button to talk to you team-mates??? on mechassault?

I think its the white button, with black as channel select?
Mon 02/12/02 at 12:27
Yea I have hosted a 16 player on my 1mb line and I have not experienced lag yet apart from when a frenchman joined :P

Also what is the button to talk to you team-mates??? on mechassault?
Sat 30/11/02 at 22:57
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
UC rules all. The graphics are amazing, must have to say as good as the PC version, and i've seen that running on a 22inch monitor, Gefore 4 Ti4600 running at max resolution and max everything. The only advantage PC has is the mouse, keyboard combo and high resolution. Personally the using the mouse and keyboard for playing games hurts my hands and wrists as my setup isnt really good for games.

One thing I was disappointed about UC was the lag I experience on 16 player games on the xservers(MS's own servers, it was terrible!. I then went to host my own game and UC said that it was advised I only have 4 players. So I was mighty annoyed. But I ignored it and set up 8 players. Found no lag on my own 8 player and only about half the bandwidth used, so I may try a 16 player to see how I go.

8 player games are actually pretty good for normal deathmatch as there are plenty of people to kill. 16 player was really over kill and the lag suffered really was annoying. I dont know why I should have suffered the lag in the 16 player server considering you only need a fraction of the bandwidth to play compared to hosting and my 8 player game was fine.

What I like about the voice is that there are 6 different channels. So you can only hear and speak to people on the same channel as you are. You can change the channels in mid game which is good. This will be good on team games as each team has there own channel, which players can use to talk tatics. MechAssault had you holding a button down to talk to your team which would probably get annoying when your trying to control your Mech.

We will have to organise some team games, maybe I could set up a 8 player server for people, and have 2 teams of 4 on CTF or something. Maybe tommorow night sometime. Post here if you have XBox Live and UC or email me at [email protected]
Sat 30/11/02 at 15:13
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
UC is a good game. Havent played it online yet, but so far the single player has been fun. I like the fact that there are loads of players to chose from, and they all have different abiltiies. Also like that you create a team at the start of the single player and you keep that team in all of the single player games. If they do well there stats are upgraded. Thing that will be annoying is that once a profile has a character selected you can not change the character. So really you would have to create a new profile for each character when you wanted to change to someone else.
Fri 29/11/02 at 20:19
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Silent85 wrote:
> adrian wrote:
> No UC today :(. Oh well i'll have to watch the new Harry Potter and
> James Bond films instead.
>
> doubt mine will of come either but splinter cell is mine as soon as I
> finish college. Where you get the films from???

Going to get SC for christmas. UC should come tommorow and I will be online on Saturday at some point. Harry Potter was good and also Die Another Day was good, I want that Vanquish :)
Fri 29/11/02 at 13:02
adrian wrote:
> No UC today :(. Oh well i'll have to watch the new Harry Potter and
> James Bond films instead.

doubt mine will of come either but splinter cell is mine as soon as I finish college. Where you get the films from???
Fri 29/11/02 at 12:49
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
No UC today :(. Oh well i'll have to watch the new Harry Potter and James Bond films instead.
Thu 28/11/02 at 22:36
I ordered it when it was 39 aswell ah well lol
Thu 28/11/02 at 22:33
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Ordered it Tuesday when it was £39.99, and now its £36.99 :(
Thu 28/11/02 at 22:25
adrian wrote:
> Justice wrote:
> Just go Unreal Championship Today, and I must say it seems great, is
> anyone else getting it and want a game?
>
> I ordered it from SR so hopefully my copy will arrive tommorow. If it
> does then I will be online Friday night and sometime Saturday
> afternoon.

when did you order it???

I ordered mine yesterday.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.