GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox Live Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/11/02 at 23:49
Regular
Just been looking at a few games coming to XBox Live. 3 are out very soon and are all looking great.

Unreal Championship 22nd November
Mech Assault 22 November
Ghost Recon 6 December

Going to try and pick up all of these sometime this year. May have to get some for christmas. Think I may even scrub off a few games I wanted like Burnout 2 and Timesplitters 2.

Which games are you going to be getting?
Sat 07/12/02 at 14:49
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
3 players works. So 4 shoud work. I only have 3 controllers so I can really test if 4 works.
Sat 07/12/02 at 14:43
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Strafex wrote:
> So can UC do 4 player splitscreen and online play at the same time?

Well in theroy yes. The only thing is if its a game with 14 people in and the max is 16 then only you and one other could join. I havent tried having more than 2 people on my XBox so I dont know if it will work. I will try it now and post the results. I only have 3 controllers so if 3 works 4 should work.
Fri 06/12/02 at 22:55
Regular
So can UC do 4 player splitscreen and online play at the same time?
Wed 04/12/02 at 14:01
Regular
Silent85 wrote:
> Strafex wrote:
> Unreal question:
>
> Can you play online AND splitscreen SIMULTANEOUSLY.
>
> As great as it is to communicate with team mates over a
> communicator,
> it would be even better if I could work with my friends/brothers as
> well.
>
> Simple answer to this is yes. No mention in it anyone in unreal box
> but I found it out when my mate was playing online with my user name
> and I stood on my other pad and joined the game :P

Brilliant! Fantastic! Yey!... etc...

But just to be sure, can you confirm that it works with a full four players - not just 2. :-)
Tue 03/12/02 at 23:12
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Jimmy Duck wrote:
> I think the microsoft should include a key board with the live package
> as if your speaking through a headset then firstly you might be able
> to here other people and plus not every one in this world speaks the
> same lanuage so that could prove tricky.

No the headset is perfect. I hate online PC games as you have to stop and type in the message while someone frags you from behind. XBox Live you just talk to them while your still playing the game. Its so perfect with out the keyboard. Langauge may get in the way but considering I have only seen 1 foreign player on XBox Live since I got it I dont really care. Most of the players will be from America, and most European countries speak English anyway. The first foreign person I met was actually today in Unreal. He started speaking German or French and then left. I think he asked something and relised no one spoke his langauge. Actually how is a keyboard going to help if they speak a different langauge, if they cant speak any English, do you think they will be able to type perfect English sentences together so that they can reply :).
Tue 03/12/02 at 21:52
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I think it's safe to say MS are ready for the hackers - preventing modded consoles and homebrew software even working with Live is just the first step. When you think about it MS has always been the target for hackers, they're not Sega with little experience of it, they know what people can do, and they'e assured everyone that hacking Xbox Live will be extremely hard, though nothing is impossible. The Gamertag system is another feature that adds to the security - do hackers want to pay £40 a time or the US$ equivalent, to try and hack Xbox Live before their gamertag gets banned ? I think not.

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 03/12/02 at 21:43
Regular
"I confused?"
I think the microsoft should include a key board with the live package as if your speaking through a headset then firstly you might be able to here other people and plus not every one in this world speaks the same lanuage so that could prove tricky.

Plus they should make it highly differcult to hack as i got very annoyed when i lost my character on phanasty star on the dreamcast and plus it could mess up the whole of the x-box not just the character on screen.
Tue 03/12/02 at 12:14
Strafex wrote:
> Unreal question:
>
> Can you play online AND splitscreen SIMULTANEOUSLY.
>
> As great as it is to communicate with team mates over a communicator,
> it would be even better if I could work with my friends/brothers as
> well.

Simple answer to this is yes. No mention in it anyone in unreal box but I found it out when my mate was playing online with my user name and I stood on my other pad and joined the game :P
Mon 02/12/02 at 15:35
Regular
Unreal question:

Can you play online AND splitscreen SIMULTANEOUSLY.

As great as it is to communicate with team mates over a communicator, it would be even better if I could work with my friends/brothers as well.
Mon 02/12/02 at 13:02
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Silent85 wrote:
> Yea I have hosted a 16 player on my 1mb line and I have not
> experienced lag yet apart from when a frenchman joined :P
>
>
> Also what is the button to talk to you team-mates??? on mechassault?

I should be able to host a 16 player game aswell, as 1mb lines have the same upload as the 512k. A 1mbit is 1024/256 and ADSL is 512/256. To host a game the upload speed is very important and seeing as its the same as the 1mbit it should work on my connection. Download rate is half the speed but when playing XBox Live my download rate is never pushed to its max limit, and basically should recieve as much as is uploaded.

To talk to your team mates in MechAssault it is either the white or black button, I think it is the black. One does the score board and the other does speech.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.