GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox 2 specs press release"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/11/02 at 09:44
Regular
Sources have leaked the figures, but have made clear that this is not a look at final hardware, but merely a guideline to certain developers - such as Rare and Lionhead - for the construction of their next-generation Xbox games.

According to sources, Xbox 2 games about to go into development are looking at the following specs as a guide: 2.8Ghz Pentium 4 central processor, 512MB of RAM, NV30 graphics chip.

"People are very edgy about this due to some serious NDAs [Non-Disclosure Agreements - Ed]," said one insider under conditions of strict anonymity. "But you have to understand that this is simply Microsoft getting ready for the next round of development. These specs are pretty widely known in the development community right now."

---------------------------------

It's looking hefty, and more and more like a PC every update.

Slave
Wed 13/11/02 at 12:46
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Know that you have earned this.

---

You sound like a grumpy, half-naked Yoda
Wed 13/11/02 at 12:49
"I hate that!!!"
Xbox 2, what's Bill Gates thinking about?
The first Xbox is only just new out and now we're hearing about an Xbox2, I can't believe my ears.

Well when the launch of the PS3 comes around Microsoft are gonna have some hot competition, perhaps the PS3 will be a complete failure and Microsoft will have no competition, or maybe it'll be the other way round, maybe we'll see the hottest console war since gaming history began.

In my personal opinion the PS3 will wipe out all competition and break even more sales records (As they've done with previous consoles) they may not wipe out all competition but they'll sure give us something to talk about over evening tea.

With Nintendo soon to fade away into the shadows there won't be nearly as much pressure on other console developers to push their skills to the max, but hold on what am I saying, of course other console developers will have their skills tested to the limit, why? Because the PS3 will provide hot competition in the world of gaming, but wait just a sec Sony aren't the only competitors in the market, Microsoft are worthy competitors too 'ya know.

The Microsoft Xbox is proving just how worthy Microsoft are as a console developer.
The Xbox is a very powerful beast indeed. Although it’s a bit on the hefty side the Xbox games play like a dream. Take Halo for example, Halo is perhaps the Golden Grail of the modern day gaming world. The graphics are simply eye popping and the game play is to die for. Everything about Halo is perfect, Halo is the perfect example of what modern day games should be like, on any platform.
With the introduction of online gaming, gaming is going to change forever.

Online gaming will give other console developers accesses to options that were never open before. Nowadays every console comes with the option of an intranet connection to allow for online gaming. I just can’t wait for the future to arrive. So hold on to ya hats ‘cos the Future is gonna be hot hot hot!!!

Yes indeed it is, because with every new console released games become more visually impressive, even more playable. Gone are the days of dull repetitive games, here are the days of adrenaline pumping action, mind boggling graphics and enthralling game play.
None of this would be possible without that wondrous thing we call technology there would be no adrenaline pumping action, no mind boggling graphics and certainly not any enthralling game play. Where on earth would we be without our beloved video games? I don’t even want to think about it, it’ll give me nightmares. Video games keep us out of mischief, they keep us from getting bored when there’s no football on the telly, video games can even bring people closer together. Gaming is a marvellous thing indeed, but perhaps we shouldn’t be taking it for granted.
Wed 13/11/02 at 12:53
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Doughnut Monster wrote:
> With Nintendo soon to fade away into the shadows

What in God's green Earth makes you say that?
According to a recent statement by some Nintendo bigshot, the future looks very promising for them, with a next-gen console and handheld in development.
Wed 13/11/02 at 12:57
"I hate that!!!"
But I was told the the GameCube was going to be Nintendo's Last console.
Wed 13/11/02 at 12:59
Regular
XBox 2, PS3. I have a problem with all this. We don't really know what these consoles will be like. Sony is hinting that it's machine will have a co-operative cpu which works with other PS3's over broadband internet. Ok, does this mean you can only use it on the internet. Does it have a disc drive, or will you have to download new games? What happens if you can't get or can't afford broadband? Microsoft XBox 2 does sound more traditional. But there are still issue's. Microsoft have fallen out with some of the chip makers they used for the first XBox. Will MS have to source the parts from elsewhere, or even make them from scratch? And how will XBox 2 use the internet? Will XBox 2 still have a disc drive?

We just don't know yet.
Wed 13/11/02 at 13:00
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
There was a rumour some time ago caused by a Japanese Nintendo guy saying something silly about the hardware market or something like that. But I think those rumours have been scotched now.
In the end though, I suppose it all depends on the success of the Gamecube whether or not a new console is released.
Wed 13/11/02 at 13:02
"I hate that!!!"
Totoro wrote:
> There was a rumour some time ago caused by a Japanese Nintendo guy
> saying something silly about the hardware market or something like
> that. But I think those rumours have been scotched now.
> In the end though, I suppose it all depends on the success of the
> Gamecube whether or not a new console is released.

I completely agree with you there.
Wed 13/11/02 at 13:24
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Oh look, another idiot.
>
> Hello IDIOT. From this day forth, I shall refer to you only as idiot,
> and nothing else.
>
> Know that you have earned this.

Well, I admit that I didn't get the processor spec right, which is fine, but the quote you are referring to was purely to wind up ratatata, for the fun of it.

Had I known I would have earned such an accolade from it from you though, I would have put in that little bit more effort to get maybe even 'Dunce!'

:)
Wed 13/11/02 at 13:26
"I hate that!!!"
Hey there slavey
Wed 13/11/02 at 13:33
"slightlyshortertagl"
wheredya get tjis info from slave?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.