GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox 2 specs press release"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/11/02 at 09:44
Regular
Sources have leaked the figures, but have made clear that this is not a look at final hardware, but merely a guideline to certain developers - such as Rare and Lionhead - for the construction of their next-generation Xbox games.

According to sources, Xbox 2 games about to go into development are looking at the following specs as a guide: 2.8Ghz Pentium 4 central processor, 512MB of RAM, NV30 graphics chip.

"People are very edgy about this due to some serious NDAs [Non-Disclosure Agreements - Ed]," said one insider under conditions of strict anonymity. "But you have to understand that this is simply Microsoft getting ready for the next round of development. These specs are pretty widely known in the development community right now."

---------------------------------

It's looking hefty, and more and more like a PC every update.

Slave
Thu 14/11/02 at 10:01
"Darkness, always"
looked, see nothing but your own blind ignorance.

Idiot.
Thu 14/11/02 at 09:51
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Have a look at the PS2 is the greatest thread. It night help jog your memory.

Idiot.
Thu 14/11/02 at 09:43
"Darkness, always"
Must be missing it, idiot. Nevermind, eh?
Thu 14/11/02 at 09:10
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Insane fool (restraining to swear) wrote:
> Listen, idiot, and listen well. Your dispicable attitude towards
> newbies is typical of these forums.

I did write a flame style response to this, but have decided not to bother due to it being an obvious waste of time. Read the sentence you wrote again, and try and see what you're missing here.
Wed 13/11/02 at 18:17
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
A few more XBrix and I'll be able to build that extension to my house that I always wanted, coz that's all their worth
Wed 13/11/02 at 17:56
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Bloody hell, talk about overpowered. That would rival my PC.
Wed 13/11/02 at 17:36
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
oops, sorry bout the double post, i got disconned as i sent it, didn't know if it had sent, soz (I bet i really get whacked 4 bein a n00b now, lol, which I'll let ya know I ain't. I just ain't been on 'ere for a while, bout 2 year i think. Couldn't remember my name and pass)
Wed 13/11/02 at 17:34
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Insane Bartender wrote:

>PCs require more power because they generate images of FAR higher quality.
> Simple.

True, I mean, it's like tryin to drive a bus with a puny Rover Mini engine, simply hasn't got the power. For bigger more power absorbing things you need a more powerful engine. Pretty obvious if u ask me
Wed 13/11/02 at 17:33
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Insane Bartender wrote:

>PCs require more power because they generate images of FAR higher quality.
> Simple.

True, I mean, it's like tryin to drive a bus with a puny Rover Mini engine, simply hasn't got the power. For bigger more power absorbing things you need a more powerful engine. Pretty obvious if u ask me
Wed 13/11/02 at 17:22
Regular
You need so much power on a pc. 2.5Ghz, no you need a 2.53Ghz, but hold on next year they will have a 3.1Ghz chip. I think a lot of this power is wasted on things like the new GUI's. And as for Intel's p4, I don't think it's that efficient, so a jump from say 2.4 to 2.5Ghz only provides a modest improvement. We should not forget that it is a difference of 100Mhz. Just think back to when you had a 100Mhz P1, then later, used a 200Mhz Pentium - it was a big gap to say the least. But the same increase in numbers now delivers less.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.