GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC games are for rich and stupid."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/11/02 at 15:05
Regular
After just reading the spec from Gta VC on the PC, I had to laugh at the sort of power you need to run this game. 800mhz PC with 32mb graphics card. My laptop which is only 2 years old the same as my PS2 I might add has 700mhz and 16mb graphics card would not be able to run this game at optimum performance and we all know the consequences of that. Missing scenery less objects and slowdown problems, all qualities stupid PC gamers love in there games so I say carry on I will stick to my clapped out old PS2 which will play the game properly because it was designed too.
Thu 21/11/02 at 08:50
Regular
Rosalind wrote:

> I didn't start on you. I commented on the fact that you were to
> stupid to know when you were defeted. There is a big difference
> between that and

Yes the first real comment you had to make on this subject was to say I was " to stupid to know when you were defeted" when you have no valid point of your own, firstly put up your own argument before slagging me off and secondly defeted is spelt defeated.
Wed 20/11/02 at 20:57
Regular
"Remember me?"
Top score wrote:
> Judging from the comments that you have made on this topic, I would
> seriously doubt you have the intelligence to make a valid statement.
>
> Stick to combing your hair and looking good love.

And this is a comment coming from someone who is supposedly "more mature" because he's PS2 owner. Ho hum.
Wed 20/11/02 at 19:11
Regular
Couple of things.

Ford make an executive car? Is the Scorpio still in production? In any case, you cant compare that to a car like the new BMW 7 series.

Looks like everyone is seetling on the fact that you need a console and a PC. I use a PC work net access and work, but use the console for games. It doesnt matter if my PC is not right up to date or have the latest graphics card, its fine for work and internet. However, if you must run your PC games, then it's going to cost more and also more to keep it up to spec.
Wed 20/11/02 at 17:34
Regular
"bit of a brain"
But the games on the PC are better.
Nowadays anyway. It didn't use to be that way, oh no...
Wed 20/11/02 at 17:30
Regular
consoles are better value because they are cheaper plus u dont need to upgrade since they already work along nicely it all depends on how the developer utilises the machine.... look at star fox adventures.
Wed 20/11/02 at 17:28
"You love us!"
Oh and how is the Lexus going Top Score.

Remember, don't crease the pages or it’ll have less residual value! LOL
Wed 20/11/02 at 17:26
"You love us!"
Top score wrote:
> Porsche make sports cars not off-roaders,

Well funnily enough, Porsche have just released their first off roader in Europe.

:-D
Wed 20/11/02 at 17:06
And riddle me this, if the PS2 is so much better than a PC for value, why is the Sims coming out for the PS2, four years after it was released on PC at almost twice the price it was originally released?
Wed 20/11/02 at 17:06
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Top score wrote:
> Before you go off on one how do I know whether you are male or female
> also you started on me not the other way around if you can't stand the
> heat get out of the fire. If you have a case then so do I.

You can tell I'm female as I have a female name, I don't hide the fact that I'm female, People make references to the fact that I'm female and I in fact stated that I was a woman in this very thread.

"I'm the amazing dissapearing woman"

I didn't start on you. I commented on the fact that you were to stupid to know when you were defeted. There is a big difference between that and

"Stick to combing your hair and looking good love"

which for the record hints that you do actually aknowledge that I am female.

followes by

"Breasts are my speciality."

Am I to assume that you are a surgon or a comsultant? Is that what this comment was supposed to mean?

Its people like you that continue the prejudice that women endure. Its the first time I have come across such an appauling attitude towards me simply because I am female, on this forum. Thankfully the regulars here value the few females that there are on the forums.
Wed 20/11/02 at 17:05
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Woah, Ratatatatata (how many ta's?), that told him, :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.