GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS2 is..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/03/02 at 19:29
Regular
Amazing :-). you should all buy this game now if you havent already got it.
The graphics are even better then the demo and it has improved since then.
It took me about 10 mins to get used to the controls seeing as i didnt buy the first MGS but since then this game is totally amazing, some of the cut scenes can last a while but they fit in perfectly even though they can last a while. There is a real sense of team work during the second stage of the game, the enemy AI is really intelligent and some of the mission objectives take a while to figure out the best way.
heh, and here's thinking about swapping this for State of emergency , you must be joking now, this game is amazing

KR
Wed 13/03/02 at 20:09
Regular
Silent85 wrote:
> > a neat trick to kill solidus is to keep him by the edge of the
> platform.this
> means that he may fall off of the edge when he only has half
> of his life left.
> hope this helps. oh and by the way, ITS TOO SHORT. im
> takin it back on monday
> and getting vouchers. if your a true gamer mgs2
> will only take a day or to to
> complete. overall it gets an 8/10 from
> me.

8/10 and your taking it back get real man

No, i have copleted it a few times and it is getting very ripetative and boring, amazing the first time through though.
Wed 13/03/02 at 20:06
> a neat trick to kill solidus is to keep him by the edge of the platform.this
> means that he may fall off of the edge when he only has half of his life left.
> hope this helps. oh and by the way, ITS TOO SHORT. im takin it back on monday
> and getting vouchers. if your a true gamer mgs2 will only take a day or to to
> complete. overall it gets an 8/10 from me.

8/10 and your taking it back get real man
Wed 13/03/02 at 20:05
Regular
Bam margera is a god
Wed 13/03/02 at 20:02
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
a neat trick to kill solidus is to keep him by the edge of the platform.this means that he may fall off of the edge when he only has half of his life left. hope this helps. oh and by the way, ITS TOO SHORT. im takin it back on monday and getting vouchers. if your a true gamer mgs2 will only take a day or to to complete. overall it gets an 8/10 from me.
Wed 13/03/02 at 17:58
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Tips to beat solidus *IF YOU DONTWANT TO KNOW ANY TIPS FOR BEATING HIM, DONT READ ON*

Are you using the blue sword?
Push square to change to the red one, which will do more damage.
hold L1 to block, wait for him to attack. then you attack, hit him a few times then spin the anolouge stick around to do even more damage. After you hit him, he will either run with fire, shoot or use his sucking things. so after you attack roll or run away asap. keep repeating and eventualy you will win.

the blue sword takes out his bottem energy bar, the red takes his top. his top energy is the most important.

Hope this helps
Wed 13/03/02 at 01:26
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I thrashed him on Very Easy level it that's any help. I just equipped the Body Armour and Sword and let rip on him.
Tue 12/03/02 at 23:22
Is anyone else having the same problems with Solidus? I think I'm tiring of the game now - I've faced the guy 23 times now. I need advice BADLY.
Tue 12/03/02 at 23:12
I'm on exactly the same situation - 2 rations and looking victorious until he burns poor Raiden up. I've used his cartwheels to try and dodge the fire, but it's just difficult. Arrgghh!!!!
Tue 12/03/02 at 21:15
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Triple_H wrote:
> FantasyMeister wrote:
> Pro Evo wrote:
> I havent finished the game as
> yet but my favourite boss so
> far has to be Vamp
> where you meet him
> just before Emma. Mainly because he
> was my favourite villan
> on the
> game so far and it was quite a good boss to
> kill too.

You'll be in for
> a shock later then...
(Hint: He's a vampire, you
> can't kill
> vampires...)

Giving it away a little bit innit? :)

Anyway I am now playing
> the game a second time round collecting all the dog tags in the meanwhile

heh, i already know......that... :D

Im on the Solidus boss now, and its damn annoying, i can easily get him to loose his...pipe things and i always have loads of life left and 2 rations by then. However he becomes too damn hard and i just can figure out how best to kill him then, i get his life right down but i end up keep getting on fire and loosing my life.

Im telling you, my pads going to end up being thrown across the room soon.
Tue 12/03/02 at 20:51
Regular
"  "
CDouch wrote:
> Not really. You got some big challenges ahead...

That's good...i want to see most of the secrets. Those thermals were hidden cheekily.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.