GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS2 is..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/03/02 at 19:29
Regular
Amazing :-). you should all buy this game now if you havent already got it.
The graphics are even better then the demo and it has improved since then.
It took me about 10 mins to get used to the controls seeing as i didnt buy the first MGS but since then this game is totally amazing, some of the cut scenes can last a while but they fit in perfectly even though they can last a while. There is a real sense of team work during the second stage of the game, the enemy AI is really intelligent and some of the mission objectives take a while to figure out the best way.
heh, and here's thinking about swapping this for State of emergency , you must be joking now, this game is amazing

KR
Fri 08/03/02 at 19:29
Regular
Amazing :-). you should all buy this game now if you havent already got it.
The graphics are even better then the demo and it has improved since then.
It took me about 10 mins to get used to the controls seeing as i didnt buy the first MGS but since then this game is totally amazing, some of the cut scenes can last a while but they fit in perfectly even though they can last a while. There is a real sense of team work during the second stage of the game, the enemy AI is really intelligent and some of the mission objectives take a while to figure out the best way.
heh, and here's thinking about swapping this for State of emergency , you must be joking now, this game is amazing

KR
Fri 08/03/02 at 19:36
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Totally agree with you there. It may not start off as you would expect and I must admit I wasnt THAT impressed with the tanker mission. But now that I am on the Big Shell, I can see that Kojima is working that old magic of his. The visuals are fantastic and as you said, it feels like you are a part of a team.

One piece of advice though. DO use the Codec a lot. Dont just go playing the game skipping the scenes and the dialogue. PHONE UP all the people on your list and you fill find out some interesting info.

Here is an example for you. Vamp is not called Vamp because he sucks people's blood. Oh nononononono NO. Hes called that because he .......swings both ways :) Its true. Phone up Pliskin. I think he was the one who told me...
Fri 08/03/02 at 19:41
i agree aswell the game is out of this world and im amazed at how much the Codec helps the game
Fri 08/03/02 at 19:46
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Agreed.

But theres too many of these topics now...
Fri 08/03/02 at 20:22
Regular
"360: swfcman"
AbsoluT Neo wrote:
> Agreed.

But theres too many of these topics now...

True, but this always happens with the big releases, it happened with the likes of GTA 3, GT 3 SOE and some more. Be patient, they all go within a few days when one topic becomes dominant.
Fri 08/03/02 at 20:26
Regular
the big shell level makes you think that if you screw up you screw it up for the rest of the team, which is cool.
Fri 08/03/02 at 20:29
Regular
yeh i will try doing that alot more, i dont skip any thing like the FMVs or the codecs they make teh story go along well.
Fri 08/03/02 at 21:31
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I want it even more now....

*Sighs*
Fri 08/03/02 at 21:33
whats pliskin's codec again I didn't write it down
Fri 08/03/02 at 21:36
Regular
"You Bum!!"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.