GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"generel questions"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/03/02 at 14:21
Regular
none of the xbox games r gonna b in w/s r they?

does ne1 know if the dead bodies'll stay visible or will they dissapear? eg: Halo

does ne1 know if u can have a single player multi player? eg: player 1 vs comp vs comp/player 1 and comp vs comp and comp?
Wed 13/03/02 at 08:43
Regular
"BOSE"
how much r u guys spending at launch when u collect ur XBOXes? (inc money u payed 4 pre-order(S))

£490
Tue 12/03/02 at 22:18
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Sony consoles have been a problem for me too. I've had the PS2 replaced once, but the PS1, I can't even remember how many times that was changed. Mind you the early PS1's were pretty dodgy and overheated FAST.
Tue 12/03/02 at 20:11
Regular
"this is a tagline"
I dropped mine down the stairs - a year and a week after I bought it. This meant my warranty was expired and I never thought insurance had much of a point considering I had the carry case and everything else. I had to pay £75 on it aswell - and this was over Christmas day. It was hell I'm telling you.

Vib.
Tue 12/03/02 at 15:22
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Yep. It's true.

My first PS2 I had shortly after launch died a month after, I sold my replacement one since there was *nothing* on the console I wanted to play. Bought another one back in November though, since I wanted to play Pro Evo and Grand Theft Auto 3.
Tue 12/03/02 at 15:14
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Bleeders wrote:
Nothing to worry about if you ask me.

Yeah too right. The number of complaints and faulty units are so few compared to all the sales. All consoles and other electrically goods do have problems that do happen. PS2 had a number of faulty machines at launch, and some people have had 2,3 and even 4 PS2's in the last year due to problems. But these only happen to a very small few.

Microsoft sold 123,000 Xboxes in the first 3 days and in that time they only had 300 odd complaints of faulty units. So thats only about 0.25% of all units were faulty. And 1-3% is a pretty expectable percentage for the number of faulty units within the electrical goods industry.
Tue 12/03/02 at 14:47
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
...And anyway, the problem has been resolved in Japan now. Sales have resumed in Japan. Loax, the retailer who the report was based on, have started issuing the phone number for Microsoft customer support incase the consumer experiences any problems with his/her Xbox.

Nothing to worry about if you ask me.
Tue 12/03/02 at 14:22
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Daveus wrote:
> about this thing where if u put a DVD in and it scratches it. that's just the
> DVDs rite? not the games?

what happens 2 the DVD after it's been scratched a
> few x there4 played a few x? cause i'd rather not pay £20 every time it
> becomes useless

Its games aswell. But its only happened in Japan. Out of all the machines that have been sold(over 120,000) there were only 600 complaints. I dont think there has been any disc scratching complaints in America.

If it does happen the game should still work, as its only small scratching. If it does stop the game working the Microsoft will replace the console and game.

But the problem is unlikely to effect many people if at all.
Tue 12/03/02 at 14:06
Regular
"BOSE"
about this thing where if u put a DVD in and it scratches it. that's just the DVDs rite? not the games?

what happens 2 the DVD after it's been scratched a few x there4 played a few x? cause i'd rather not pay £20 every time it becomes useless
Tue 12/03/02 at 13:31
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Daveus wrote:
> the 3 connections r different. 2 of them r like ariel at the tip and the other's
> a pin. would they still connect like if u were setting up ur DVD player? like
> yellow red and wite in the side? :S

So your talking about S-video? To actually use S-Video you need the connections on your TV. If you only have a Scart connector and the 3 phono socket connectors for the red,yellow and white leads, then you cant use S-Video.

For the Xbox the S-video leads have the 3 connectors to fit into the back of the TV and a special Xbox connector to fit into the Xbox. You cant use any lead it has to be one bought for the Xbox. Its the same with all the other leads, the end that fits into the Xbox is a special shapped end that only fits into the Xbox.
Tue 12/03/02 at 12:49
Regular
"BOSE"
has ne1 been in the GC forum? the bo||ocks they talk about! :D

they reckon PS2 GC and XBOX r all the same! :D

they also talk crap about Halo

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.