GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do not reward the biased like grix reward the open minded like Ant, Arty and Dan"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/10/00 at 22:14
Regular
come on SR. Cop yourself on!
Page:
Sat 14/10/00 at 18:02
Regular
Oh i claim 101th!
Sat 14/10/00 at 17:10
Regular
...MESSAGE 100! I got it! HA!

I'm message 100!I'm message 100!I'm message 100!I'm message 100!I'm message 100!I'm message 100!I'm message 100!I'm message 100!

Now THAT is what SR should reward people for!
Sat 14/10/00 at 17:10
Regular
Sat 14/10/00 at 16:57
Like saying hypothetically, a console can produce millions of polygons a second, but not that many when you use the controller, put a few cars on screen, use shadows, far clipping, reflections and so on...
Sat 14/10/00 at 16:51
Regular
Oops, it was actually message 96
Sat 14/10/00 at 16:50
Regular
It's not the FMV that's bad, it's just a cheap way of boasting a machines graphics.
Grix was moaning that the graphics that the PS2 boasted were FMV (FMV that the Saturn could've managed).

It's message 95,
And the topics still alive...
Sat 14/10/00 at 16:47
In Half-Life, there is NO fmv, and Grix never said there was. All the game is in real time, and is by far one of the best games I have ever played, beaten by Deus Ex though.
FULL MOTION VIDEO!!! for all those who still think it has something to do with polygons, is only a crap way to advertise, which is basically like showing clips from another movie to adverise a different movie, a much crapper movie.
Sat 14/10/00 at 16:23
protecting FF8 ......here.....but first.....i agree with what Ant said about the good and the bad side of FMV's ...anyway...protecting.....yes.....well...as one of u said that some other games' FMV was more exciting than Final Fantasy's, i personally think that youre not thinking about the other side of the arguement.....didn't you even think that Half-Life's FMV was meant to be exciting(as you said)and that Final Fantasy 8 is a completely different genre therefore.....some FMV's throughout the game are there to build up the romance(or something)and some to help the player to get to know these individual characters more to get them involved in the game.
Sat 14/10/00 at 15:35
Regular
Another thing I have noticed through my times on earth, (Hey?), is that the framerate of FMV is rather low. I first noticed this on FF8, with the video of the two main characters dancing. Its not something that makes me veeerry mad, but it is annoying.
Half-Life is much more exciting, because if the roof crashes down, you can actually run out of the way, instead of the computer moving you "just in time".
Sat 14/10/00 at 11:11
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I'll take your word for that, i always thought they were all FMVs, but then that shows how much I care, I think they are good ideads at the end of the game, so you can see the person that just saved the world from oblivion walk of into the sunset, or whatever, ON GTA this is the only detailed picture you get, it looks good but is not worth around 2 hours killing people for a smal amount of money. I have to say I havn't seen MGS's FMVs/FFVs??? and have only seen the running around which is very very simular to Resident Evil, probably made by the same people but I can't be bothered to research that as I don't care!

wo, I can't believe I can't be bothered or don't care about much any more, hhmm, too much work and not enough killings.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.