GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube freeze/lockup issues"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/11/02 at 01:51
Regular
Anybody experienced any lockups or freezes whilst playing their GC yet?

I just got my 1st lockup (Fifa 2003)

Ive had the console 2 months now and ive played Fifa many hours previously so its hard to pinpoint if theres a prob or if its one of those things.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Wed 27/11/02 at 16:42
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
We;; robbo if your using a 3rd party card then i would back up your saves if possible, the guy in the store where i took the Logic3 back to said its not the 1st returned Logic3 card and no official ones have been returned as faulty, this obviously dont mean that all Logic3 memory cards are gonna fail but it does suggest what i think we all knew... Official products are what we should be buy, they are worth the little extra cost, and what i thought was saving me a measley £5 has infact costing me alot of time and trouble.
Wed 27/11/02 at 16:39
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Yeah, that'd be a good idea. Incidentaly, this happened to me whenever I played Driven. I was so mad I almost ripped out my mates heart and fed it to him. Why was I so furious? Because I had my Super Monkey Ball levels saved on it - I'd got to level 42 (no pun intended!)!!

Imagine how much rage I was feeling?! Imagine it!
Wed 27/11/02 at 16:35
Regular
sounds like its a good idea for me to back up my files on my spare memmory card then??

cheers
Wed 27/11/02 at 16:35
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Sry bout bad typing...

I forgot to add that i havnt had any further lockups, only that one.
Wed 27/11/02 at 16:33
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Ok ive had a new development which prolly isnt related but...

When i bought my Qube i skimped a little and bought a 8mb Logic3 memory card, well last night this memory card decided it was time that all the data stored on it should be corrupted.

I had 5 games saved on the card and was totally unable to restore or transfer any saves to another card, ive bough an official memory card today so hopefully that will be the end of it. Im real mad the i lost all my saves on that 3rd party card tho.
Wed 27/11/02 at 15:43
Regular
one thing to check if picture goes or sound is the scart lead, they never fit well into the tv and if knocked out can disrupt either, check that first if persists then which game is it and at what point?, known games i know to crash

Who wants to be a millionaire PS1 and PS2
ISS 2000 Nintendo 64
LMA Manager 2002 PS2

all kina randum, just need to make sure you save your game regulary on these?
Wed 27/11/02 at 10:03
"Darkness, always"
I've had three lockups.

Once playing Rogue Leader, twice playing ISS2. Had the Cube since a few weeks after launch, so I'd say it's a good ratio.
Wed 27/11/02 at 00:30
Regular
"everyone says it"
Sibs wrote:
> Very first time I turned my Cibe on with Monkey Ball I had no sound
> for some reason, but I think that was due to the disk not loading
> properly or something...
>
> Since no problems except once on Rogue Leader where I was pressing
> buttons while a level loaded, and when it started up my ship was stuck
> in the middle of an AT-AT for some reason, and couldn't move. I
> wiggled the joypad and nothing... pressed fire and both my craft and
> the AT-AT exploded... that happened for all 3 of my lives, then the
> screen just went blank and I had to reset the Cube...

LOL!
Wed 27/11/02 at 00:24
I had a lockup when playing Agent Under Fire, just as I crossed the gap in the bridge during a car level.
Tue 26/11/02 at 23:11
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Very first time I turned my Cibe on with Monkey Ball I had no sound for some reason, but I think that was due to the disk not loading properly or something...

Since no problems except once on Rogue Leader where I was pressing buttons while a level loaded, and when it started up my ship was stuck in the middle of an AT-AT for some reason, and couldn't move. I wiggled the joypad and nothing... pressed fire and both my craft and the AT-AT exploded... that happened for all 3 of my lives, then the screen just went blank and I had to reset the Cube...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.