GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube freeze/lockup issues"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/11/02 at 01:51
Regular
Anybody experienced any lockups or freezes whilst playing their GC yet?

I just got my 1st lockup (Fifa 2003)

Ive had the console 2 months now and ive played Fifa many hours previously so its hard to pinpoint if theres a prob or if its one of those things.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Wed 27/11/02 at 19:19
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Mine has once or twice.. when i was playing turok. It happened whilst loading/saving.. i think it was because the vent holes didnt have much space. jc
Wed 27/11/02 at 18:12
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
My Gamecube has never frozen on me. I have heard that the PS2 has crashed a few times, mainly it was playing on Grand Theft Auto Vice City.
Wed 27/11/02 at 18:00
Regular
Mine has frozen 3 times in the last 6 months. Twice on Rogue Leader and once on an intro sequence in SSX tricky.
Wed 27/11/02 at 17:52
Regular
Well aty last someone else has it.

ive had this prob since a few weeks afte ri got the cube.

crashed twice on SSBM
a few times on james bond AUF
once on spiderman =only played it once :(
every time i turn pikmin on.

Im going to get my mum to realise this is happening and make her take it back...so games at crimbo i can play.....english damn.

it has a year warante to it from nintendo..dont worry.

Also my PS1 bust in 2 years...garante was only 6 months...sony changed it.
and i heard nintendo is better at that stuff so no worries.
Wed 27/11/02 at 17:43
my cube's never frozen. But my friends PS2 does all the time. HA HA!
Wed 27/11/02 at 16:56
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I use the extension leads robbo, what i mean is that im nowhere near my Qube at any time other than to turn it on/off or to change disks, its about 8 feet away from me as i play :p

The incident with my card is clearly just bad luck, but its amazing how someone had a similar thing happen with the last game that i was playing before it happened... probably just coincidence, but my card wasnt all that new, id used it many times and succesfully too, on the other hand i had only bought Driven that same day (2nd hand in a bargain bin)
Wed 27/11/02 at 16:50
Regular
got to be careful not to turn off, before finish saving?, that corupts data defo, had that on star trek voyager, but saved in a five cycle so could always go back?
Wed 27/11/02 at 16:47
To be hones though, I've had more crashes using the PS2; although most of them came from GTA3, with two coming from Vice City recently. Must be something to do with the game engine.
Wed 27/11/02 at 16:46
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Unbeliever wrote:
> Yeah, that'd be a good idea. Incidentaly, this happened to me whenever
> I played Driven.

Hmm thats a HUGE coincidence !!

Heres a my full story... last night i played Spiderman then Driven, saving both games and all was fine and dandy... then i go to put in the Fifa 2003 CD and instead of Fifa loading up my settings it said 'unable to restore settings as the memory card in slot contains corrupt data, either format the memory card or continue without saving' <-- very close to what i saw but maybe not word perfect.

So as you see the last game i played and saved was Driven... maybe its a Driven/3rd party card issue i dunno :s
Wed 27/11/02 at 16:44
Regular
know what ur saying, kinda got one with the GC and got one free from here renewing my membership, think i will backup in any case

cheers

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.