GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS2 better then you expected or worse?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/03/02 at 19:30
Regular
Just write a one or two line sentance did metal gear solid 2 beat your expectations or was it a little (very little) bit of a disappointment?
Thu 14/03/02 at 16:22
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Salvatore wrote:
> *SPOILER*
Maybe they are
> saving that to MGS3. There must be a MGS3, there
> are still so many un-answered
> questions and people alive. Is vamp really
> dead now?
its hard to tell i dont think he is dead considering hes a
> vampire

Where did revolver/liquid
> go?
Revolver went ot kill the
> Patriots

- yeah but they were sent to the wrong place, where are they now?

Will Raiden return to fight again?
that i dont know

And
> what about that stuff with the
> patriots?
somehow there dead so i dont
> know wots going on

It is kind of like the confusion ending to MGS1, where
> you hear
> revolver talking to the president aka Solidus snake.
im not sur
> what your on about

- if you play the first game, you will understand

I didnt really mean for anyone to answer the questions, because they cant be answerd yet.
Wed 13/03/02 at 20:59
Legendary Link wrote:
> Start it again and it really starts to get boring.

There are not enough
> areas to explore and the gameplay gets very repetative.

well its expected for the gameplay to be repetative if you play the same game agian.
Wed 13/03/02 at 20:09
*SPOILER*
Maybe they are
> saving that to MGS3. There must be a MGS3, there are still so many un-answered
> questions and people alive. Is vamp really dead now?
its hard to tell i dont think he is dead considering hes a vampire

Where did revolver/liquid
> go?
Revolver went ot kill the Patriots

Will Raiden return to fight again?
that i dont know

And what about that stuff with the
> patriots?
somehow there dead so i dont know wots going on

It is kind of like the confusion ending to MGS1, where you hear
> revolver talking to the president aka Solidus snake.
im not sur what your on about
Wed 13/03/02 at 19:32
Regular
I'm a little dissapointed now, i have completed it a few times, the first time was absolutly amazing, play it again it's still good and with some nice extras, Start it again and it really starts to get boring.

There are not enough areas to explore and the gameplay gets very repetative. I think the plot is one of the main factors of the game and when u take that away (because i knew what was gonna happen) it does'nt reward u enough and becomes a bit of a drag.
Wed 13/03/02 at 18:04
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Mr. Furby wrote:

the
> ending would have been amazing if not the best ever if they had included that,
> but it was a little dissapointing, they could have at least shown more of the
> outside of arsenal gear. on the sea or something they only showed a small glimse
> of it.

SOME SPOILERS*******************************************

Maybe they are saving that to MGS3. There must be a MGS3, there are still so many un-answered questions and people alive. Is vamp really dead now? Where did revolver/liquid go? Will Raiden return to fight again? And what about that stuff with the patriots? It is kind of like the confusion ending to MGS1, where you hear revolver talking to the president aka Solidus snake.
Wed 13/03/02 at 17:18
adrian wrote:
> Mr. Furby wrote:
> the ending was good but i was expecting something more
> like a fight in manhatten
> between two or three metal gears who, kick down
> sky scrapers and crush cars, but
> thats going a little extream

Maybe
> that could have been in the game. The game had to be ready for September 14th,
> but due to the terroist attacks of September 11th, they had to take out parts of
> the game. One of my mates said that part of the ending sequence had Arsenal Gear
> actually crashing into Newyork. In the finished game Arsenal Gear just appears.

the ending would have been amazing if not the best ever if they had included that, but it was a little dissapointing, they could have at least shown more of the outside of arsenal gear. on the sea or something they only showed a small glimse of it.
Wed 13/03/02 at 11:11
Regular
Just completed the game last night at about 3AM. Havnt played a game solid like this for ages. I did actually get bored of this game over the weekend and hardly played it at all...but went back to it on Monday and completed after playing it non-stop really...

For me, it is the best game on the PS2 so far...I keep calling it a game...more of a Interactive movie really...
Tue 12/03/02 at 22:56
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Mr. Furby wrote:
> the ending was good but i was expecting something more like a fight in manhatten
> between two or three metal gears who, kick down sky scrapers and crush cars, but
> thats going a little extream

Maybe that could have been in the game. The game had to be ready for September 14th, but due to the terroist attacks of September 11th, they had to take out parts of the game. One of my mates said that part of the ending sequence had Arsenal Gear actually crashing into Newyork. In the finished game Arsenal Gear just appears.
Tue 12/03/02 at 18:18
the ending was good but i was expecting something more like a fight in manhatten between two or three metal gears who, kick down sky scrapers and crush cars, but thats going a little extream, and i could have sworn that olga's arm pit hair was smaller the full version then in the demo.
Mon 11/03/02 at 18:45
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
When I first played MGS2, I was glad to get past the opening section of the Tanker level. I'd played it that many times on the demo that I found it quite boring to play. But MGS2 is easily one of the best games I've ever played (in the top 10 at least!). It's just incredible, Hideo Kojima has thought of everything! I thought I'd hate the cut-scenes, but there of such high quality, it's like watching a film! It's loads better than the first game! The only thing I dislike about it is how you save your game. It would have been much easier to just pause the game and click on save, but instead you have to spend 5 minutes chatterring on about 'old times' with Rose. It's a right pain!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.