GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is Gamecube hard to program for?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/11/02 at 16:50
Regular
Oh dear Oh dear!!!!!

(Tuesday 26th November 2002  RALLY FUSION FALLS SHORT OF GAMECUBE

Activision admits the GameCube version of its arcade racer is "massively delayed" as canning rumours persist

15:26 Sources have confirmed today that the GameCube version of arcade racer Rally Fusion has been canned.)

What is it with the GC has it indeed done exactly the same mistake as last time and used a duff format.

The amount of delayed and canned games would suggest something is very wrong, could it be hard to program for, are the companies not willing to put it across 2 discs due to time and expense, no standard tooling, more printing, more materials. What ever the answers things are not looking rosey, when games do come out they are often a month or so behind the others anyway.

I think they have made a serious error of judgement and with games getting bigger and bigger this will only highlight the GC problems even further. I do actually feel a little sorry for them however you could say they had the chance to erase the mistakes of the N64 with the GC but is appears they have made them all over again.
Wed 27/11/02 at 12:39
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
HálloHowArtThou wrote:
> thppt.

errrr...Tony Hawk's Pro Part Timer?
Wed 27/11/02 at 12:37
Regular
I simply don't buy music. It's cheaper and still legal. :)
Wed 27/11/02 at 12:37
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
HálloHowArtThou wrote:
> thppt.

I know this is off topic but that's the best phonetic spelling of a raspberry I've ever seen. :)
Wed 27/11/02 at 12:35
"slightlyshortertagl"
thppt.
Wed 27/11/02 at 12:34
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
bah
Wed 27/11/02 at 12:27
"slightlyshortertagl"
I know it's wrong, but I copy CDs and return them. but not all CDs. I am more than happy pay for something like The Streets, but not anybody more mainstream.

It's the new and up-coming artists that need the money, not the well-established ones.
Wed 27/11/02 at 12:24
Regular
I think we pay about twice as much as the stuff is worth.

So when you hand over £10, there's about £5 clear profit for the shop. Look out in January for all the half price sales, and this is the only conclusion you can come to.
Wed 27/11/02 at 12:22
"High polygon count"
Top score wrote:
> the albums £11.99 is way to expensive considering how much it actually
> costs to make a cd

It's not the manufacturing costs, it's the greed of the record industry. Even the artist gets very little of what you pay for a CD.

Personally, I refuse to buy CDs in shops now. I get all of mind from http://www.cd-wow.com - £8.99 for chart CDs.

I would get pirate copies, but then the artist gets no revenue, which I don't think is right.
Wed 27/11/02 at 11:51
Regular
I think the main reason single sales have fallen is cause chart music mainly bites the big one.
Wed 27/11/02 at 11:46
Regular
This is true with anything in this country they don't call it rip off Britain for nothing the fact is the publishers do deserve everything they get for example Cd singles sell for a stupid £3.99 for one song no wonder sales have fallen sharply at least in the past the pre-releases were £2.99 now even that is not the case £1.49 would be a far better price then there are the albums £11.99 is way to expensive considering how much it actually costs to make a cd far less than a cassette however they still remain more expensive. DVD's software has hardly dropped at all yet the hardware has dropped considerably. Where is our fair trade watchdog, no wonder the economy is doing so well because they make more money with one sale than most of Europe do with two.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.