GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo's Big Announcement revealed."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/12/02 at 14:12
Regular
Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, Ninto have mergede with Sega AND Capcom, for those of you not fluent in terms like "merged", then I shall explain, it has been revealed, that nintendo has bought up Sega AND Capcom, therefore, they will never make games for any other consoles then Nintendo's own. This announcement did not surprise me, but now Gamecubes future is indeed looking brighter.
Wed 04/12/02 at 20:59
Regular
When did Nintendo confirm an announcement before Christmas?
Tue 03/12/02 at 22:18
Regular
I've decided to not get caught up in all the hype for this announcent and just relax and wait for it.

You'll probably find that it's Nintendo releasing a new Wave Brid with an 'amazing' rumble function or something.
Tue 03/12/02 at 22:01
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Devro wrote:
> 'PS2 is cool, Gamecube rules, Xbox is gay, who wants one anyway?'

The Xbox cannot be gay, it has no gender....or do you mean gay in a happy way ? :P

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 03/12/02 at 21:59
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Bollards.
>
> The SNES was the most celebrated console in history, *everyone* had
> one.

But unfortunately *everyone* owning one didn't mean it could beat the Megadrive in retail terms, which is what counts in the final analysis. By the time the N64 rolled up after it many of us had the clear impression that Europe, to Nintendo, was the poor relation in the gaming world, and many many people happily bought a Playstation instead of the N64. Sony, in many ways, filled the gap created by Nintendo's appalling treatment of the european market. Having said that the Megadrive was the last of Sega's consoles to do extremely well in Europe as well - the Mega CD, Saturn, and Dreamcast, all went the way of the dinosaurs long before their time.

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 03/12/02 at 21:50
"Wa-wa-west"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Bollards.
>
> The SNES was the most celebrated console in history, *everyone* had
> one.

Not me.

Here is my song, it doesn't rhyme, but so what.

'PS2 is cool, Gamecube rules, Xbox is gay, who wants one anyway?'

Thanks so much.
Tue 03/12/02 at 21:41
Regular
Bollards.

The SNES was the most celebrated console in history, *everyone* had one.
Tue 03/12/02 at 21:26
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
mess wrote:
> note how all the xbox fanboys say it won't happen but all the nintys
> say it will. I remember a similar thing (only the other way round)
> with another company a little while back. Hmmm...

Except those self same Ninty's are ignoring several things;

*New Xbox bundle contains 2 Sega games - is this not a strong link ?
*Sega featured heavily in X02 and Microsoft's E3 events, another strong show of support.
*Sega is committed to several more Xbox games anyway.
*Microsoft are very interested in 22% of Sega's shares.

Far better for Sega to stay as it is, as a multiformat developer making games for all formats like it does. They are different from Rare in that Rare only made Nintendo games, so Microsoft buying them was not all that detrimental to the industry as a whole - just meant different people got the exclusives. Incidentally Nintendo must've been totally out of it when they let Rare go....

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 03/12/02 at 20:40
Regular
"keep your receipt"
note how all the xbox fanboys say it won't happen but all the nintys say it will. I remember a similar thing (only the other way round) with another company a little while back. Hmmm...

All I know is that Nintendo are getting VERY cozy with capcom and sega (triforce deal etc) so I won't be surprised when a deal is announced.

Of course if Nintendo have bought outright both companies, that'd be marvellous for Nintendo and the NGC, but maybe what'd be more likely is that Nintendo start to fund in-house development teams in both companies that work solely for nintendo. Kind of like the SNK teams in sega.

Nintendo promised an announcement before christmas, so we don't have that long to wait, anyway.
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:18
Regular
i think whoever wrote this has got there head ins and or wire's crossed since sega will be making games for xbox like toejam & earl etc etc because microsoft have a contract with them lol duh !
Mon 02/12/02 at 22:49
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Despite the N64 and to a lesser extent the SNES not beating the competition in terms of sales, in terms of games, Nintendo have created some of the most ground-breaking titles of all developers, many of which were critically acclaimed on their release and still are to this day.

It would be wrong to dismiss these systems as failures simply because they didn't sell as well as the opposition...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.