GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console Wars: Who Will Win?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/05/13 at 21:35
Regular
"not dead"
With today's announcement of the XBox One we now know all of the contenders in the next generation of the console wars!!!1 In the red corner we have the latest iteration of Sony's gaming powerhouse, the Playstation 4. Nothing original with the name, but why change a winning formula?

In the blue corner (or should that be green) we have the XBox One. Will people think that it is 360 times more inferior that the XBox 360? Will they compare it to the PSOne? Is their naming convention too confusing for anyone to truly follow?

And in the brown corner is the Wii U. At least they're sticking to what they know. Stick with the Wii name, because that works. And why not stick with the same policy of not backing it at launch with enough games either, amIright? Then, when the games do come, they're the same games we already played. When did Nintendo release an original game? I'm thinking GameCube era. No doubt when the games do come along they will be good, but the way Nintendo are likely to drip-feed them through there won't be enough to keep people interested. The tablet is neat, but so far no one is doing anything interesting with it.

I think the Wii U could put Nintendo in some serious trouble, but they'll always make money from their games - but could we one day see a day when Nintendo release games on another platform?

So it will be left to the big boys to duke it out. Punches will be thrown. Blows will be landed. At the end of the day many of the big games will be multi-platform, but there will be some exclusives. If you can't call it from the exclusives and you're looking at what else it can do, well frankly I'd go for the Sony kit. It looks better. It won't make you pay for Kinect you might not even want, and, at the end of the day, it looks better.

So! Who will you back in the next generation!?
Fri 07/06/13 at 22:37
Regular
"How Ironic"
I'll probably wait until the next-gen comes out, and then pick-up a cheap PS3.
Fri 07/06/13 at 22:31
"possibly impossible"
DL wrote:
pb wrote:
[i]Or buy a PS4, ...

Why?[/i]

Why not? :D

Always nice to have a choice, after all.
Fri 07/06/13 at 21:48
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pb wrote:
Or buy a PS4, ...

Why?
Fri 07/06/13 at 20:32
"possibly impossible"
Or buy a PS4, which Kotaku have stated does not have DRM according to a recent Sony meeting.
Fri 07/06/13 at 20:27
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
"There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once."

Why bother ... do as PC owners do ... buy it and bin it at some point!

PC games have never had a valid re-sale value ... so join the 'dark side' except if you want to buy PC version of Metro:Last Light and you're looking at console prices ... £46!!! Even Bioshock:Infinite is only £19 now.
Fri 07/06/13 at 18:35
Regular
"I like turtles"
Xbox pre-owned rumours confirmed
Mon 03/06/13 at 20:01
"possibly impossible"
No problems. It's still a good price.
Mon 03/06/13 at 19:30
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pb wrote:
Cheers, that's appreciated.

Sorry for the delay pb, but just had a reply ...

"Unfortunately all our builds are at the lowest possible price, even staff get very little discount at that mate."

So the build is as is ... £337.96 .... sorry :¬(
Mon 03/06/13 at 14:46
"possibly impossible"
Cheers, that's appreciated.
Mon 03/06/13 at 14:31
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pb wrote:
@DL - the CCL Elite Buzzard III Gaming PC looks very good value for the money. May need to add an OS to that, but if there's a discount available then I'm all ears.

If you add Windows 7 Home, that would be an extra £67.97. So all in all, a total of £337.96.

Leave it with me pb and I shall send him a message to see what is available.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.