GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spam..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/04/13 at 07:34
Regular
"I like turtles"
Seems to be on the rise again for me, anyone else getting this?
Mon 10/08/15 at 21:46
Regular
"I like turtles"
Thanks Hmmm... will check that out when I get 5 mins spare.
Mon 10/08/15 at 12:27
"Are you sure?"
pete_21 wrote:
...prevent unsuspecting recipients from opening them?

Yep - GMail ! :¬)
I've mentioned this before a few times.

You can always search to find my comments.

You'll also get to see my new EU Cookie Consent banner!

GMail has caught everyone of these dodgy emails and sent them straight to SPAM. It also adds a warning saying the attachment may contain a virus.

So I can recommend either forwarding or using GMail's mail fetcher system to keep things safe.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 10/08/15 at 11:32
Regular
"I like turtles"
Although it's not ideal we're getting these through at all does anyone know if most A/V programs will prevent unsuspecting recipients from opening them? Apparently the blinds invoice contains a variation of a well known banking trojan, had another one through (appears to be a similar attachment) on a different Freeola account this morning.
Mon 10/08/15 at 10:57
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
@pete and Hmmm ...

Got the same email about the blinds I ordered this morning ;¬)
Mon 10/08/15 at 09:52
"Are you sure?"
I'm having a spammy start to the day as well...

Half a dozen of the:
Your order 10232 from Create Blinds Online: Paid
to different accounts - paid domains and free domains but not EmailPro yet.

Makes you wonder how they manage to get so many Freeola accounts? Have they harvested a complete list - it seems too much coincidence when everyone gets the same spam?

EDIT: Followed by:
Premium Charging MI Package for Merchant 17143013
all sent to numerous accounts.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT2:
Got to feel sorry for the innocent company whose email is being spoofed though. Their Twitter update.
Mon 10/08/15 at 09:05
Regular
"I like turtles"
Had a couple of these through this morning. They look pretty authentic, can imagine some will be fooled by them. Not really sure what the point of paying for emailpro is TBH, you block the sender but the same stuff just seems to come through from different addresses :(
Thu 30/07/15 at 20:12
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Evening pete ...

Yep, its been on the increase for the last week at least. Loads of 'watch' offers, strange invoices for 'items', bank transfers and 'personal profiles' ... such is the life of an email user ;¬)
Thu 30/07/15 at 19:58
Regular
"I like turtles"
It seems to be on the rise again, mainly 'ladies profiles'. Had loads this week, in fact just had yet another message from one who goes by the name of Bootylady, she's persistent I'll give her that.

Have been adding the addresses to the blocked sender thing through Email Pro but it doesn't seem to be making much difference. I'm presuming Bootylady and her chums must have multiple email addresses... :(
Mon 20/07/15 at 11:29
Regular
"Why so srs?"
DL wrote:
Welcome shakti ...

Seems like you've received a Freeola message regarding your VIP account ... suggest you ring "Call our Customer Support team on 0871 210 9977 " unless you get a response here!

Or else raise a Support Ticket here ....

Support Ticket

Thanks DL, a ticket was swiftly raised by the user following your information.
Sat 18/07/15 at 20:42
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Welcome shakti ...

Seems like you've received a Freeola message regarding your VIP account ... suggest you ring "Call our Customer Support team on 0871 210 9977 " unless you get a response here!

Or else raise a Support Ticket here ....

Support Ticket

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.