GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spam..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/04/13 at 07:34
Regular
"I like turtles"
Seems to be on the rise again for me, anyone else getting this?
Fri 05/06/15 at 13:15
Regular
"I like turtles"
It wasn't just me then.

Just had a couple of variants of this one come through. These things seem to be getting more regular, which obviously isn't good.
Thu 04/06/15 at 17:03
"Are you sure?"
Seems lots of people got them today.
Eclipse say they should have stopped now: My Twitter conversation

Makes you wonder how the spammers manage to target so many accounts. Even my obscure ones get hit!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 04/06/15 at 15:22
Regular
"I like turtles"
Be wary of this just had it through on one of my accounts. Had a few similar ones over last couple of weeks, ESET seems pretty good at zapping them though.
Thu 14/05/15 at 09:29
"Are you sure?"
Thanks.
I sent 21 spam samples through as attachments yesterday lunchtime hopefully they'll help.

Earlier in the week just as I emailed my client an invoice I received a bunch of spam all using fake "Outstanding invoice" requests!

GMail gets a copy of all my mail and it's great at trapping all these dodgy ones and putting them in Spam:

Warning: Be careful with this message. It might contain a virus or a malicious link.

I hope this spam moves on as it's tricky for some people to tell real mail from the scammers.

It's a shame Google don't 'opensource' their great junk mail filters to ISPs to help people stay safe.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 14/05/15 at 08:32
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Send examples to the abuse address with full headers and we'll try and work up some rules to get them detected. Wonder what trick they are using this time!
Wed 13/05/15 at 20:09
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
So ... this one:

"Except one that confirmed that my registration to 123-reg was activated!"

... was on an Email Freedom account, which isn't a problem but ...
Wed 13/05/15 at 19:11
Regular
"I like turtles"
Same here, had a couple with Trojan's attached as well.
Wed 13/05/15 at 18:49
"Are you sure?"
Yep, that's what I've been seeing - including the 123Reg one.

Clever how the spammers manage to find all the accounts on a domain!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 13/05/15 at 18:10
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
I'm seeing a rise in spam at the moment unfortunately.
I've just sent some attached samples to 'abuse at freeola'.

I'm seeing the same rubbish going to 'paid for' and free accounts.

Some say they are coming from 'HP Digital Sending device' which Outlook can't JUNK as they are using HP7573@localhost as the address.

Have had loads during the last few days on Email Freedom accounts and a few on Email Pro accounts! Always the same thing ... funds paid into an account or accounts asking for funds!

Except one that confirmed that my registration to 123-reg was activated!
Wed 13/05/15 at 13:19
"Are you sure?"
I'm seeing a rise in spam at the moment unfortunately.
I've just sent some attached samples to 'abuse at freeola'.

I'm seeing the same rubbish going to 'paid for' and free accounts.

Some say they are coming from 'HP Digital Sending device' which Outlook can't JUNK as they are using HP7573@localhost as the address.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.