GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spam..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/04/13 at 07:34
Regular
"I like turtles"
Seems to be on the rise again for me, anyone else getting this?
Thu 17/09/15 at 22:04
Regular
I'm getting very fed up with the level of spam coming through despite having the Freeola filters set to almost the highest level. Time to look for an alternative I fear.
Thu 27/08/15 at 10:42
"Are you sure?"
This morning I've had a couple of dodgy emails spoofed to appear to have come from my own address (a Freeola registered domain). I've forwarded a sample to abuse@ for Freeola to investigate. The dodgy emails had the subject "Attachement"

My outgoing emails get copied to a GMail account and that copy was immediately rejected due to the possible malicious attachment.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 26/08/15 at 08:38
Regular
"I like turtles"
DL wrote:
In light of the present outage and a reminder there about Webmail, I checked Webmail on one of our accounts and was pleasantly surprised just how much 'spam' had been caught. Well done Freeola, the filters work well :¬)

They still seem to be coming through on my account DL, 'hey Mr. Pete you like sexy time' etc. etc. Thankfully Gmail is still doing a flawless job of shielding me from my potential future wives!
Tue 25/08/15 at 20:49
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
In light of the present outage and a reminder there about Webmail, I checked Webmail on one of our accounts and was pleasantly surprised just how much 'spam' had been caught. Well done Freeola, the filters work well :¬)
Tue 18/08/15 at 18:35
"Are you sure?"
Glad to hear it's working for you :¬)
You can see why I've mentioned it a few times now...

Also if you have email notifications enabled on your phone it's good to see 'real' emails and not junk!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 18/08/15 at 09:04
Regular
"I like turtles"
Update: GMail has still continued to catch every spam mail for me (including one I can't believe got through any spam filter...) and no more false positives other than that initial couple. Well impressed TBH, will do the same on my other account when I get chance, thanks again for the tip Hmmm... :)
Sat 15/08/15 at 08:36
Regular
"I like turtles"
One thing I have noticed about GMail's spam filter is during the initial learning phase where it may pick up the occasional non-spam mail (and you simply mark them as not spam) it moves them to your GMail inbox but does not seem to forward them on for retrieval via your desktop client. It's only flagged a couple for me so far, one was actually my area manager & think I might leave his in there! You can then of course manually forward any of these mails to your Freeola address if required, that works. A very minor niggle but just thought it was worth a mention for anyone who may not know.
Fri 14/08/15 at 18:49
"Are you sure?"
Sounds good! Pleased to hear it helped.

Yes that's basically the same. Mail Fetcher only looks for mail a few times an hour so can be confusing and not always as good as forwarding - but it can be useful in other ways.

It's not ideal for Freeola customers to have to resort to this though :¬(

@Freeola any comments/tips from you would be good.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 14/08/15 at 18:41
Regular
"I like turtles"
@Hmmm... had a play about with GMail spam filter and it seems to have caught every crap mail so far and held them in the spam folder (didn't forward any of them on to me). Tried the Mailfetcher thing you linked to but for some reason not all of my mails seemed to come through on it? So I deleted that setting and just set my Freeola emails to be forwarded to my GMail account, I then use Thunderbird to retrieve them from there. Presume that should basically do the same thing? Will see how it goes over the next week or so and if it's OK I will do the same on my other account. Thanks again for the tip, really appreciated.
Thu 13/08/15 at 12:25
"Are you sure?"
Hmmm... wrote:
...It's a shame Google don't 'opensource' their great junk mail filters to ISPs to help people stay safe.

One of my clients (using Freeola ADSL and domain) has contacted me this week asking if they should give up their Freeola domain as they are so fed up with spam.

I'm hoping to set things up for them so they can keep the domain name and use GMail to pick up and filter things for them.

I thought it was worth a mention, just to show that spam can be more than just a irritant for some customers.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.