GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, Halo 3 then..."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 3'.
Tue 25/09/07 at 12:07
"possibly impossible"
Who's getting Halo 3? Are you looking forward to it, Apathetic towards it or wouldn't touch it with a barge pole?
Sun 30/09/07 at 20:53
Regular
"eeast weeeeeeeeeezy"
am geting halo3 on the 19 on october
Thu 27/09/07 at 12:50
Regular
pb wrote:
> Yes, standard online matches on any game can be crap if you get
> some whiney kid join in, but otherwise they're pretty decent.
> It's not like Halo 3 has the monopoly on them.

Just play without the headset. My mate brough his 360 round the other night and we played DiRT, didn't both with the headset, and it was great fun.

Can't you mute specific people anyway?
Thu 27/09/07 at 08:25
"possibly impossible"
Edgy wrote:
> I haven't played the game yet as haven't long got in from
> work...but I am admiring my large helmet...
>
>
> ...I think I'll store it next to my 360. :)

I was sooo tempted by that box, but I just didn't have the money.
Thu 27/09/07 at 08:24
"possibly impossible"
gr13ve wrote:

> Pb - fancy some online later on tonight?

There was a slight problem with that, in that I didn't have the game yesterday (played at a friends). But I've got it today, so if you're around tonight, then i'll probably be on it.
Wed 26/09/07 at 22:22
Regular
"eat toast!"
I haven't played halo 3 yet, but i know it is the best game in the world. Ever. No arguements, no ifs no buts the best game of all time.

Theres a flaw(s) in my arguement there.

Ok truthfully, it doesn't matter whether its going to be as disappointing as the previous one (something the developers admited* and i only realised onced i finished playing it)because they're going to make a killing out of it.

*Did they do that on purpose just to go down in the hall of fame.

I'll probably buy an xbox 360 (now most of the problems have been resolved and ninja gaiden 2 is coming out soonish (can't wait for that)) i might get it when its really cheap. I just wont fall for the hype though because its not going to be as awesomely amazing and people will probably realise after the honey moon period. A bit like bioshock. Critics loved it and so did everyone who got it when it first launched. Then everyone started to dis it...(not me, i loved it. The story and the experience alone was worth the tin case edition and my hard earned money).
Wed 26/09/07 at 18:57
Regular
I haven't played the game yet as haven't long got in from work...but I am admiring my large helmet...

...I think I'll store it next to my 360. :)
Wed 26/09/07 at 16:34
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Mines arrived yesterday been playing it solid and really enjoying it. Finished the campaign on normal this morning so going to go through on legendary now. Played a wee bit of online and have really gotten into it, I can see myself playing it for a long time to come.

I think the Forge is a great addition, Ive spent over 2 hours mucking about with a couple of maps to make them my own. Probably write more later but I'm away to play some more.

Pb - fancy some online later on tonight?
Wed 26/09/07 at 14:08
"possibly impossible"
Oh, and I played it a little at lunchtime, only the solo campaign. It's nice. Basically it's Halo, enemies seem a little smarter, but all the good bits are still there.

So, basically, if you love Halo you'll love it, if you hate Halo you'll hate it. Fair enough.
Wed 26/09/07 at 14:06
"possibly impossible"
Tar everyone with the same brush? hmm.

You can set up private matches, you know and choose different options to get rid of any annoying kids and just play against the people you want to.

Yes, standard online matches on any game can be crap if you get some whiney kid join in, but otherwise they're pretty decent. It's not like Halo 3 has the monopoly on them.
Wed 26/09/07 at 11:44
Regular
I don't feel sorry for them, they're idiots.

I have no interest in Halo 3, didn't think much of the previous 2 games and what I've seen of the new one didn't look any different.

This made me laugh, it's a parody of the Halo 3 museum advert...it's funny because it's true

ROFLZ!1!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.