GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Rather Rubbish and Hastily Prepared 2012 Picture Quiz"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/12/12 at 15:10
Regular
"I like turtles"
Seeing as we appear to have had no 'official' Freeola Christmas quiz this year, here is an 'unofficial' one. The questions are as follows:

Film round

Here are some screenshots taken from films released this year, please name them.

Game Round

Here are some screenshots taken from games released this year, please name them.

Famous People

Here are some pictures of people who hit the headlines during 2012, please name them.

Album Round

Here are some album covers for records released this year with vital parts (like the title & artist!) blanked out. Please name these albums and their artists.

Famous Distorted People

Here are some pictures of people who should be instantly recognizable to most. Each of these people hit the headlines during this year. These pictures have been blurred but try looking at them with a hangover (as I was doing earlier today) as they really don't seem to look that much different to the others! Please name these people.

I'm fully aware that this is a lame imposter for the usual high quality quizzes you guys are used to but hopefully it will still be a bit of fun.

In the event of a tie break there shall be a good old fashioned duel at dawn, the survivor of this duel shall be declared the winner of the quiz.

The Answers:

Show Spoiler
Thu 27/12/12 at 12:01
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Yeah, sorry about the lack of the promised Xmas bonanza. I normally have a lot of time spare at Xmas, but this one has been very busy.

I will confer with Deano and get something up in the New year that will hopefully make up for it.

Looking at this quiz briefly for now (I opened each image, and either knew instantly or closed without thinking), I would say I can get about 8. So any score above 10 would work out a bonus I reckon.
Thu 27/12/12 at 09:11
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
I like that ... "tally of titles" haha

However ... I fear that I may have given you a 'false' sense of security pete, there are many in the quiz that are now gelling into place, but, as there should be, some are quite 'obscure' :¬)
Thu 27/12/12 at 09:02
Regular
"I like turtles"
DL wrote:
Don't fret pete ... it's a useful addition to a well thought Christmas thread, which has adequately replaced the earlier and much heralded Freeola Quiz, that didn't materialise. I'll give it a go tomorrow, but an early glimpse suggests perhaps 1 out of 30! As Mrs DL says (often) ... I don't get out that often! :¬)

Wow!!! I've devised a quiz that may actually have stumped legendary Freeola quizmaster DL?!!! :0

I wouldn't worry about tarnishing your impressive record though mate, you could still actually win this quiz and in doing so add to your impressive tally of titles.

By being the only person who actually bothers to do it! :)
Wed 26/12/12 at 22:29
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Don't fret pete ... it's a useful addition to a well thought Christmas thread, which has adequately replaced the earlier and much heralded Freeola Quiz, that didn't materialise. I'll give it a go tomorrow, but an early glimpse suggests perhaps 1 out of 30! As Mrs DL says (often) ... I don't get out that often! :¬)
Wed 26/12/12 at 21:22
Regular
"I like turtles"
Steel Protagonist wrote:
That's an amazing template. I sure couldn't have made something that detailed and complex

I'm extremely sorry that my hastily constructed template (made solely for the purpose of making a quick and easy entry to this quiz) does not appear to live up to your expectations. I shall do my utmost to see that such an event never happens again. Hopefully this disappointment has not ruined your Christmas in anyway.

Anyway, as you previously claimed to speak in anagrams perhaps you could explain to us why you chose a username that is actually an anagram of Test Gaol Pen*s Rot?, was this inspired by your vocation or does it perhaps relate to a favourite pastime or something?
Wed 26/12/12 at 18:22
"Retarded List"
That's an amazing template. I sure couldn't have made something that detailed and complex
Wed 26/12/12 at 15:20
Regular
"I like turtles"
Answer sheet template (with ready made spoiler tag):

Show Spoiler
Wed 26/12/12 at 15:10
Regular
"I like turtles"
Seeing as we appear to have had no 'official' Freeola Christmas quiz this year, here is an 'unofficial' one. The questions are as follows:

Film round

Here are some screenshots taken from films released this year, please name them.

Game Round

Here are some screenshots taken from games released this year, please name them.

Famous People

Here are some pictures of people who hit the headlines during 2012, please name them.

Album Round

Here are some album covers for records released this year with vital parts (like the title & artist!) blanked out. Please name these albums and their artists.

Famous Distorted People

Here are some pictures of people who should be instantly recognizable to most. Each of these people hit the headlines during this year. These pictures have been blurred but try looking at them with a hangover (as I was doing earlier today) as they really don't seem to look that much different to the others! Please name these people.

I'm fully aware that this is a lame imposter for the usual high quality quizzes you guys are used to but hopefully it will still be a bit of fun.

In the event of a tie break there shall be a good old fashioned duel at dawn, the survivor of this duel shall be declared the winner of the quiz.

The Answers:

Show Spoiler

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.