GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Rather Rubbish and Hastily Prepared 2012 Picture Quiz"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/12/12 at 15:10
Regular
"I like turtles"
Seeing as we appear to have had no 'official' Freeola Christmas quiz this year, here is an 'unofficial' one. The questions are as follows:

Film round

Here are some screenshots taken from films released this year, please name them.

Game Round

Here are some screenshots taken from games released this year, please name them.

Famous People

Here are some pictures of people who hit the headlines during 2012, please name them.

Album Round

Here are some album covers for records released this year with vital parts (like the title & artist!) blanked out. Please name these albums and their artists.

Famous Distorted People

Here are some pictures of people who should be instantly recognizable to most. Each of these people hit the headlines during this year. These pictures have been blurred but try looking at them with a hangover (as I was doing earlier today) as they really don't seem to look that much different to the others! Please name these people.

I'm fully aware that this is a lame imposter for the usual high quality quizzes you guys are used to but hopefully it will still be a bit of fun.

In the event of a tie break there shall be a good old fashioned duel at dawn, the survivor of this duel shall be declared the winner of the quiz.

The Answers:

Show Spoiler
Sat 29/12/12 at 19:14
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Ineedsleep wrote:
11 out of 10 for even trying and WHOOP I'll go on the podium while I have the chance...

I know a grand total of 3 of 'em but I do know number 28 :)

I have no life these days ><

Of course you have ... just go with the rest of us and give it a go :¬)
Sat 29/12/12 at 18:22
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
11 out of 10 for even trying and WHOOP I'll go on the podium while I have the chance...

I know a grand total of 3 of 'em but I do know number 28 :)

I have no life these days ><
Sat 29/12/12 at 13:14
Regular
"I like turtles"
You're welcome pb, hopefully it will prove to be a bit of fun and attract a few more to have a go. As things currently stand we need 1 more entry before we can even have a podium!
Sat 29/12/12 at 10:23
"possibly impossible"
I'm still planning on answering these when I get a moment.

And I must say thank you for putting the effort in to come up with this quiz.
Sat 29/12/12 at 09:39
Regular
"I like turtles"
Ha ha, brilliant Machie. Loved your answers! :)

BTW, you actually got one of the very hardest ones correct!
Sat 29/12/12 at 08:20
Regular
Sorry I'm late, I'll do my best!

Show Spoiler

God that was tough. Any chance you can list me as Anonymous when you do the leader board? ;)

Thanks for doing this pete and it was super easy with the template and numbering all the photos. You should do this again sometime.
Fri 28/12/12 at 13:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
Ha ha, nice one DL (and Millie!), thanks very much for that. You didn't do so bad mate. I won't reveal your current score just yet but all I will say is that for the first time in Freeola Quiz history I believe you may actually be beatable...

However, as it's Christmas I might yet decide to give Millie 21 bonus points which would make Team DL pretty much unbeatable! :)

Ha ha pete ... we had a go anyway! It's a bit of festive fun, dead much hard in places, but not serious! Millie was of great assistance and would welcome the bonus points, but she's too busy bashing the keyboard at the moment and laughing :¬)
Fri 28/12/12 at 12:44
Regular
"I like turtles"
Ha ha, nice one DL (and Millie!), thanks very much for that. You didn't do so bad mate. I won't reveal your current score just yet but all I will say is that for the first time in Freeola Quiz history I believe you may actually be beatable...

However, as it's Christmas I might yet decide to give Millie 21 bonus points which would make Team DL pretty much unbeatable! :)

Cheers Machie, would appreciate any entries, was only designed to be a bit of fun.

My mate had a go last night and got a rather impressive (and TBH quite flukey) 16, strange thing was the ones he got were mostly different ones to ones DL got correct. Some where obviously designed to be difficult (a couple in particular), he actually guessed one of those correctly as well as a certain album cover which has made me question whether or not I wish our friendship to continue!

If anyone thinks any questions in particular are stupidly difficult and thinks that they may actually give this a try I could stick some extra clues up for these if required. Just LMK the question no's.
Fri 28/12/12 at 08:46
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
For what it's worth pete ... me and Millie had a go :¬)

Show Spoiler
Thu 27/12/12 at 13:11
Regular
Nice one pete! I'll give this a go later, just got back from Ikea so I'll be busy building flat pack furniture for the next couple of hours.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.