GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"An official Complaint."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/02/02 at 14:12
Regular
Okay, here’s an official complaint to SR. They say, and I quote, that they try their best to mail order games to their customers for their release dates.
Can I ask, how many of you failed to receive State of Emergency today.
They said that they dispatched the game on the 21st thinking that it would arrive on the 22nd but if they had a little common sense, they would have sent it on the 20th. how would you expect a game to travel and be delivered in one day when I live in the west of Scotland. This isn’t the 1st time.What was the point of buying first class post when I didn’t even get it on the correct day. And don’t even talk about the slippage of this release date. Now I’ve got a whole day to waste, huh!
I decided to post this thinking that it would be familiar and of course I didn’t have anywhere else to complain.

Also, I e-mailed them at GAD address telling them I wasn’t trying to win a game but just simply telling them about a cheater.

Their reply: ”We don’t owe you anything….” I think his name was Ali or something.
If they’ve got 600,000 customers I suggest they revise their customer service techniques(Ali) and grow some common sense.

Anyone else had any problems. I bet you there is lots. Post your opinions.

Other than that it’s a good website with excellent chatrooms. Not bad prices either but there is better out there.
Fri 22/02/02 at 18:54
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Games which are due for release are sent out two days ahead of the day of release providing we have the stock in time to do so.

And hey, who else gives a Reddy Voucher with every game so that you can get a free PS2 steering wheel after buying any five items of over £5 each?

And hey, who else provides GAD prizes?

And hey, who else runs GOTY comps?

And hey, who else sends out a 64 page mag nine times a year for just £7.50?

And hey, who else has great Chat Forums?

And hey - stop buying elsewhere.
Fri 22/02/02 at 18:02
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Yeah pb, you haven't won in a while....

still, 26 wins in slightly better than 2...

*Sighs*
Fri 22/02/02 at 17:57
"possibly impossible"
I had a word with Mr T about this, and he just said:

"Don't go dissin Ali fool! And don't you go slippin no drugs into MR T's drinks neither."

Er, thanks MR T.

I too have been a member of SR for many years and have never had any complaints. They're a great company and all the customer service I have had has been pretty good.

Besides, they've given me loads of free games, although not anymore it seems (damn, knew I shouldn't have told Tony that he could always stop giving me GAD if he was worried about how much it was costing them...)
Fri 22/02/02 at 17:46
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I don't know why you think SR are to blame for the postage. It would be the postal company.

Anyway, even if you do live in the west of Scotland (like me) then it should still only take a day. I got my GAD prize 3 days after claiming it and they didn't send it the day I claimed it. I knew that because it was a Sunday, and it came on Tuesday.

But what's the difference anyway? Does it matter if a game comes a couple of days later than it should?
Fri 22/02/02 at 17:32
"High polygon count"
DecallionStallion wrote:
> They say, and I quote, that they try their best to mail
> order games to their customers for their release dates.

Key phrase: Try their best.

That is not a promise, but they do extremely well. I've had games from them the day before release.

> They said that they dispatched the game on the 21st
> thinking that it would arrive on the 22nd

If they said it, then they did it. What do they gain by lying about it?

> but if they had a little common sense, they would have
> sent it on the 20th.

Maybe they had a lot of pre-orders; maybe they didn't have stock on 20th, or ran out of stock?

> how would you expect a game to travel and be delivered
> in one day when I live in the west of Scotland.
> This isn’t the 1st time.What was the point of buying
> first class post when I didn’t even get it on the correct day.

The Royal Mail supposedly guarantee next-day delivery on first class postage. If you repeatedly get things late, your complaint should really be to the Royal Mail and not SR. However, if you live 'out in the stix' in the West of Scotland, I'm not surprised that your post isn't always on time.

> And don’t even talk about the slippage of this release date.

That is well beyond SR's control, and therefore irrelevant to this 'complaint'.

> Anyone else had any problems. I bet you there is lots.
> Post your opinions.

Okay... I've been a very satisfied customer of SR for over 10 years. Any time I have had a problem (and they've all been minor), they've rectified the problem quickly and simply.
Fri 22/02/02 at 17:18
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I want to complane about Snuggly.

He laughs at me and sends me nasty emails and tells me I'm speshul but I can no get Conkee Smash Dog Day.

He's a punk and probably wears a dress.
Fri 22/02/02 at 16:30
Regular
"Excommunicated"
There is a customer service forum.
Fri 22/02/02 at 16:29
Regular
The only got the stock in late on Wednesday.

They was no pint in mailing them there and then becasue they would have missed that that days delivery anyway.

If you wanted the game today you should have upgraded to 1st class delivery, I did :P
Fri 22/02/02 at 16:20
Regular
"¬_¬"
I wouldn't complain if I were you; if you want it definitely on release, take yourself down to the shops like the non-lazy person you aren't. I think SR are good that often they manage to deliver on the day of release, because if you think about it, it means they process all of the pre-orders as soon as shipments arrive. They only arrive a few days in advance, and even receiving the game on Saturday would be a good service. This is no fault of SR; if they get a late shipment it is the producer's fault, and if it takes ages to arrive, it is Royal Mail's fault. Don't point the finger; its rude.
Fri 22/02/02 at 16:14
"I hate that!!!"
Two words= Royal Mail

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.