GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games you must play before you die."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/02/02 at 11:06
Regular
Okay... we've all had different experiences with games. We've all found different games we've been addicted to, and we've all missed a great many releases too. Here's a chance to inform everyone else of the great releases they may've missed.

So... the purpose of this thread. Nominate a game.... preferably one that will be easy for people to get gold of (whether by rental, emulation, download, or whatever), and the rest of us will try it out.

I'd start the ball rolling by nominating the following:
UFO: enemy unknown (can be downloaded off the net somewhere)
QuazatronParadroid (get a C64/Spectrum emulator and rom)
Mon 11/03/02 at 12:00
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Speaking of classic games...

I noticed a couple of days ago that Kick Off 2002 is being released...

I dont suppose anyone know anything about it?

(just as a note, Kick Off was THE football game of the time, until Sensible World of Soccer knocked it off the top spot... it was the FIFA Vs. ISS of its day)
Mon 11/03/02 at 11:01
"slightlyshortertagl"
Command & Conquer: the Original
Mon 11/03/02 at 10:33
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
funkygamer wrote:
> Carrier Command and Elite II on the Amiga. Go find.

Bear in Mind Elite IV is being released Autumn this year...

also, you can pick up Elite 2 & 3 for the PC for free from the developers at:

http://www.frontier.co.uk/
Mon 11/03/02 at 10:20
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Played a bit of Wonder Project J. It's pretty good actually.

Unfortunatley, I seem to be a bit stuck at the moment. Pino hates me, and won't do anythign I tell him to :(
Fri 08/03/02 at 17:28
Carrier Command and Elite II on the Amiga. Go find.
Fri 08/03/02 at 16:00
Regular
"That's right!"
"X-Wing
Tie Fighter"

Classics - I've still got them
Fri 08/03/02 at 15:58
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Well, over fifty games mentioned now. And there was me thinking I'd have nothing to do over the easter holiday...
Fri 08/03/02 at 15:43
Regular
If you got to the infinite field with the tree, then yeah, you basically finished it. Still cool to play the ending though. Give it a few years and you'll be able to emulate it to a degree of greatness anyway.

Thought of some:

X-Wing
Tie Fighter
X-Wing Alliance
Conflict Freespace
Freespace 2

Great space shooters. Like first person shooters, but with a joystick and more fun. Damn hard though.

I NEARLY completed Zelda 1. Kept dying at the last boss.

I think I'll go and retry Zelda 2 though, never really got far in that.

[Apparently, there's a bit in Zelda 2 where you cross a giant river. That's where Link's Awakening takes place.]
Fri 08/03/02 at 15:39
Regular
"smile, it's free"
http://www.alphalink.com.au/~crogers/emulator.htm

Emulators for NES, SNES, Gameboy, and N64.

The megaman series are there.. as are the first two Zelda games, the ones on the NES. I'm gonna have to complete them over the next few weeks. That'll just leave me with oracle of ages and oracle of seasons to complete in the zelda series.

And Majora's Mask. But I *nearly* finished it, so that doesn't count.....
Mon 04/03/02 at 10:17
Regular
"not dead"
VenomByte wrote:
> Hmmm. Some of their pages seem to be down....

Not many of the links on the left go anywhere, but the A-Z pages seem fine from here.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.