GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/02/02 at 19:09
Regular
You've heard it from several people (even ssxpro) that the Xbox may be worth a look in, so please put down those double barrel shotguns you have aimed at my head and hear what i have to say :-)

Microsoft have a huge budget backing up the Xbox yet will most likely charge high prices but even so the Xbox is a beast in terms of power, I was chatting to this guy I work with and he went through just how powerfull it is and "aye carumba" But we all know Power is nothing without games and I believe the Xbox may be the next playstation, not because it's the new kid on the block but because it appeals to adult gamers and the majority of Adult gamers are PC'ers and many of them are interested in the Xbox. Silent Hill 2 is heading it's way with enhanced graphics and new Maria Scenario, A non Jaggy version of Shadow of Memories has recently been announed, SSX:Tricky,GTA3 and many more top quality titles.

But what about microsoft??

I don't care for microsoft but then again how many PS2 owners care for Sony? They just provide the console and let the third pary developers do their work and these developers aren't limited like they are with the PS2, The xbox is a developer friendly system and offers more depth for the games. Another thing that caught my attention was the built in HDD+Modem, better yet because it's standard in every console more games will use it, What's the point of waiting for Sony to kick in their online plans into gear with the add-ons, which personally I believe is a little late.

conclusion??

The PS2 is now a surperb console and an essential buy to all gamers but with the xbox's release just around the corner, like march 8th or something you have to admit if it collects alot of the PS type games and developers it's going to be fantastic. I can't see much on the gamecube side that interests me (besides resevil) but if the Xbox is going to offer what the PS had only in this generation and with better graphics,sound and games then so be it.

*closes eyes and waits for execution on PS2 soil*
Wed 20/02/02 at 15:59
Regular
"  "
Yes Sir!!
Wed 20/02/02 at 15:51
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
lol :) - Now get back to the topic !!!!
Wed 20/02/02 at 15:42
Regular
"  "
nh wrote:
> I love reading your intelligent thought our replies. I last used my Ps2 at 6.00
> this morning when I had a quick game on Pro Evolution before work - beat Sweden
> 3-0 with Heskey of all people scoring 2 goals - now GET BACK TO THE TOPIC..

bah....just coz your consoles dusty ;)
Wed 20/02/02 at 14:51
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I love reading your intelligent thought our replies. I last used my Ps2 at 6.00 this morning when I had a quick game on Pro Evolution before work - beat Sweden 3-0 with Heskey of all people scoring 2 goals - now GET BACK TO THE TOPIC..
Wed 20/02/02 at 14:45
Regular
"  "
Hey nh. My consoles better than yours because yours is dusty!
Wed 20/02/02 at 14:42
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Prodigy wrote:
> Iam just gettign annoyed with the "my consoles better than yours"
> attitiude that many of the users here have, they all have good and bad points,
> its just down to choice

Why dont you actually read the original post and the replies before you start putting this kind of rubbish in. You will then see that this post was nothing to do with my console being better than yours etc

A suggestion - read all the previous posts and then post a sensible response.

Cheers
Wed 20/02/02 at 13:24
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Prodigy wrote:
> Iam just gettign annoyed with the "my consoles better than yours"
> attitiude that many of the users here have, they all have good and bad points,
> its just down to choice

Well if you read the post properly you will see i was saying no such thing, just saying that the PS2 is not a console of just sequels. Read more carefully next time.
Wed 20/02/02 at 13:23
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Prodigy wrote:
> Pro Evo wrote:
> Oh, and if you actually read the post properly, you would
> realise i was listing
> some original games, not just good games.

Well in
> that case your wrong, most if not all of them are coming out on xbox or gamecube
> as well if not both.

Well in that case you are wrong, i was stating that they are original ideas, not EXCLUSIVE games to PS2.
Wed 20/02/02 at 13:20
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
Pro Evo wrote:
> Oh, and if you actually read the post properly, you would realise i was listing
> some original games, not just good games.

Well in that case your wrong, most if not all of them are coming out on xbox or gamecube as well if not both.
Wed 20/02/02 at 13:19
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
Iam just gettign annoyed with the "my consoles better than yours" attitiude that many of the users here have, they all have good and bad points, its just down to choice

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.