GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Eternal Darkness help, Please!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Eternal Darkness'.
Fri 13/12/02 at 23:12
Regular
Here's the deal. I'm on chapter 9 and I've just started to fight the guardian at the end of the level and I'm completely stuck!

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Tue 17/12/02 at 17:17
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Yeah, I think it's Dr. Lindsey... but anyway, it's the chapter with the opening cutscene where the archeologist has a shoot out with Pious (disguised as some mad old man) at the entrance to some ruins.

Also on the same chapter, in each of the rooms with the runes you must dispel to get to the Mantorok rune, there's a block in the wall you can push in. I've got no idea what those are supposed to do...? They seem to have no purpose or function... Anyone know anything about them?
Tue 17/12/02 at 16:41
Regular
Which one's the archeologist?

The explorer? Dr Lindsy?
Tue 17/12/02 at 16:36
"The Will of D."
Once you complete it for the second time you wil have the option to go to any chapter and replay it fully, so when this happens go back to the chapter with the Archeologist and when you can summon a trapper go back to the blocked of door where there is a small gap that a trapper can go in.
You WILL need to back track a lot if you want it though.
Tue 17/12/02 at 16:24
Regular
So what level is it on?

I've never found a puzzle I couldn't solve so I must have missed the puzzle entirely...
Tue 17/12/02 at 16:17
"The Will of D."
Sibs wrote:
> Well, I'm about half way through the second time, and I've picked up
> the Mantorok rune... I haven't experimented that much with how
> aligning spells with Mantorok effects them, but I have found out that
> summoning spells can't be aligned with Mantorok "because his
> power has waned too much to summon creatures" or something like
> that...

The only good thing that the Mantorok alignment in a spell is in the "Magick Pool" one, it allows you to regenerate all three meters Health, Magick, and Sanity at the same time. Instead of using one magic pool to regenrate something like health when using the Chatt'urgah rune.
Tue 17/12/02 at 14:05
Regular
My head hurts just reading about all these stupid spells.

Haven't played the game for weeks and by the looks of it I don't think i'll bother. Anyone wanna swap the game for something?
Tue 17/12/02 at 13:55
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Well, I'm about half way through the second time, and I've picked up the Mantorok rune... I haven't experimented that much with how aligning spells with Mantorok effects them, but I have found out that summoning spells can't be aligned with Mantorok "because his power has waned too much to summon creatures" or something like that...
Mon 16/12/02 at 22:53
Regular
Meh

Never heard of it.

I thought the Mantorok one was the secret route after you complete the original three.
Mon 16/12/02 at 22:48
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
No, it's the chapter where you play as the archeologist guy... can't remember his name... Anyway.
Mon 16/12/02 at 22:25
"The Will of D."
Yes there is a Mantorok rune that you get in the chapter with Karim I think.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.