GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jury Duty is boring"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/02/02 at 16:20
Regular
Goatboy arrives at the court at 9am.
Goatboy watches a video explaining what the jury is for the benefit of stupid people.

Surely if you need to watch a video to be told what a jury is and what it does, you probably aren't the best person to decide the fate of someone else?
Just a thought.

Goatboy goes for a fag in a tiny room filled with people dressed for church, all asking questions and wondering if it would be "exciting like that programme last night"
Goatboy extinguises his smoke on the faces of all these people whilst screaming "You morons! You morons!"
Goatboy snaps back to reality with "I am Goatboy's raging bile duct" going through his mind.

Goatboy then sits until 12pm, waiting to be called whilst 30 other people all sit about and stare out the window and make calls on their mobiles, despite being told not to.
He wonders if this is a cruel joke being played on him by The Matrix.
He realises it isn't.
He cries.

Goatboy is released for lunch at 1pm, having been there since 9am and done nothing but read his Bill Hicks book all the way through.

He returns at 2pm, hoping something will happen, praying he gets chosen or sent home because he can't take much more of being in a room with these people.
They have no idea who they are trapped with.

Goatboy is released at 3pm and told to come back tomorrow at 10am to repeat the process until he is chosen, or next Friday comes along.
Whichever is first.

Goatboy is numbed beyond words by the excitment of being part of the legal system.
He gets a parking fine for being in an Office Warehouse parking lot.
He explodes and charges through the car-park screaming at the top of his lungs.
Goatboy snaps back to reality again, screws the parking fine up and tosses into the backseat before driving home.

Jury Duty is boring.
Mon 18/02/02 at 16:28
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I hated jury duty when I had it but mine only lasted three days and I wasn't picked. Seen some right odd people there though. Hardened crooks staring at you giving you the "Your getting it look" while you look back with the "I'm sending you away look"

When I was there we had to sit through a case which was being resolved and the families in the crowd bit started fighting. How stupid some people are.
Mon 18/02/02 at 16:28
Regular
"Acid Casual"
A guy in my office has just come back from Jury service and he's been on it since September last year!

Now he's got about 4 weeks of leave to take before april.

Swine.
Mon 18/02/02 at 16:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
True, I have finished for the day.
But it's dull.
Imagine the dullest thing you can imagine, and turn up the dullness by 20.

And loads of other people thinking it's Eastenders or something.

One bright moment though:
The first batch of 12 people learn that the trial they're on will last 2 months

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Mon 18/02/02 at 16:24
Regular
"Acid Casual"
It may be boring but you have now finished for the day.
Mon 18/02/02 at 16:23
Regular
Ah, but, think of the service you are doing for our country.

You are making sure that out legal system is CORRECT and MORALLY RIGHTEOUS.

Or some bollards like that.
Mon 18/02/02 at 16:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Goatboy arrives at the court at 9am.
Goatboy watches a video explaining what the jury is for the benefit of stupid people.

Surely if you need to watch a video to be told what a jury is and what it does, you probably aren't the best person to decide the fate of someone else?
Just a thought.

Goatboy goes for a fag in a tiny room filled with people dressed for church, all asking questions and wondering if it would be "exciting like that programme last night"
Goatboy extinguises his smoke on the faces of all these people whilst screaming "You morons! You morons!"
Goatboy snaps back to reality with "I am Goatboy's raging bile duct" going through his mind.

Goatboy then sits until 12pm, waiting to be called whilst 30 other people all sit about and stare out the window and make calls on their mobiles, despite being told not to.
He wonders if this is a cruel joke being played on him by The Matrix.
He realises it isn't.
He cries.

Goatboy is released for lunch at 1pm, having been there since 9am and done nothing but read his Bill Hicks book all the way through.

He returns at 2pm, hoping something will happen, praying he gets chosen or sent home because he can't take much more of being in a room with these people.
They have no idea who they are trapped with.

Goatboy is released at 3pm and told to come back tomorrow at 10am to repeat the process until he is chosen, or next Friday comes along.
Whichever is first.

Goatboy is numbed beyond words by the excitment of being part of the legal system.
He gets a parking fine for being in an Office Warehouse parking lot.
He explodes and charges through the car-park screaming at the top of his lungs.
Goatboy snaps back to reality again, screws the parking fine up and tosses into the backseat before driving home.

Jury Duty is boring.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.