GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jury Duty is boring"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/02/02 at 16:20
Regular
Goatboy arrives at the court at 9am.
Goatboy watches a video explaining what the jury is for the benefit of stupid people.

Surely if you need to watch a video to be told what a jury is and what it does, you probably aren't the best person to decide the fate of someone else?
Just a thought.

Goatboy goes for a fag in a tiny room filled with people dressed for church, all asking questions and wondering if it would be "exciting like that programme last night"
Goatboy extinguises his smoke on the faces of all these people whilst screaming "You morons! You morons!"
Goatboy snaps back to reality with "I am Goatboy's raging bile duct" going through his mind.

Goatboy then sits until 12pm, waiting to be called whilst 30 other people all sit about and stare out the window and make calls on their mobiles, despite being told not to.
He wonders if this is a cruel joke being played on him by The Matrix.
He realises it isn't.
He cries.

Goatboy is released for lunch at 1pm, having been there since 9am and done nothing but read his Bill Hicks book all the way through.

He returns at 2pm, hoping something will happen, praying he gets chosen or sent home because he can't take much more of being in a room with these people.
They have no idea who they are trapped with.

Goatboy is released at 3pm and told to come back tomorrow at 10am to repeat the process until he is chosen, or next Friday comes along.
Whichever is first.

Goatboy is numbed beyond words by the excitment of being part of the legal system.
He gets a parking fine for being in an Office Warehouse parking lot.
He explodes and charges through the car-park screaming at the top of his lungs.
Goatboy snaps back to reality again, screws the parking fine up and tosses into the backseat before driving home.

Jury Duty is boring.
Wed 20/02/02 at 22:03
Regular
""
What about:

A.******s fresh wipped cream! This one is true aswelL!
Wed 20/02/02 at 21:47
Regular
"um..."
Goatboy wrote:
> But I had a muffin by "Otis Spunkmeyer"

Ever tried "Mr Brains Pork Faggots"?
Wed 20/02/02 at 18:13
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
Goatboy wrote:
> And today I have been released early so I'm at home.
Only 3 hrs reading
> "How to Talk Dirty & Influence People".

Excellent

a job well done goatboy :)
Wed 20/02/02 at 14:16
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And today I have been released early so I'm at home.
Only 3 hrs reading "How to Talk Dirty & Influence People".

Excellent
Tue 19/02/02 at 18:40
Regular
"I like cheese"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> Just talk like you're a wrestler all the time.

"Would the defendant tell
> us his name please?"

(You shout out)"It doesn't matter what your
> name is!"

Erm...

*hides in corner, avoiding being mugged until Ant
> gets here*

*stands in front of Cheese*

Yeah, c'mon then!! I'll ban ya if you mug Cheese for liking wrestling!! I'LL BAN YA!!!

;)

*realises, surprisingly, that no one is mugging him*

*helps Cheese up*
Tue 19/02/02 at 17:50
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
Goatboy wrote:
> Yet another day of reading in the jury assembly room until they announce we can
> go home at 3:30pm.

Actually today was worse, I got there at 10:15am and they
> told us we weren't needed until 2pm.

Gah

This is boring beyond
> belief.
But I had a muffin by "Otis Spunkmeyer" and bought David
> Holmes "Let's Get Killed".

Which was nice

Grrrrrrr that would make me angry all that time wasted, you could of done something useful like sleep.

But still you know how to turn a dull day into a good day, big it up to the muffin's mmmmmmmmmmmmm
Tue 19/02/02 at 16:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yet another day of reading in the jury assembly room until they announce we can go home at 3:30pm.

Actually today was worse, I got there at 10:15am and they told us we weren't needed until 2pm.

Gah

This is boring beyond belief.
But I had a muffin by "Otis Spunkmeyer" and bought David Holmes "Let's Get Killed".

Which was nice
Tue 19/02/02 at 07:53
Regular
I had my jury duty t Slobodon Milosevic's trial.

Yes of course it's bull!
Mon 18/02/02 at 22:04
Regular
"um..."
I dread recieving a letter for jury duty. knowing my luck I would get some really boring land dispute or something. and it would probably be in scotland or somewhere miles away, and after what you said Goatboy, I would really rather not bother (though time off work would be nice).
Mon 18/02/02 at 21:52
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Wish I could do jury duty...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.