GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fewer prizes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/06/12 at 15:10
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Unfortunately, with the reduction in the levels of contributions, there are less "worthy" entries each week for us to consider for prizes. Therefore we are reducing the number of prizes to just one per week instead of two. This will take effect soon, once the changes to the Win Free Games pages are completed.

We will try to encourage our moderators to create some more GAD Challenges.

The number of visitors to the Freeola interactive sites in the past month was 129,000. That's pretty good really, but it is 40% down on the same period in 2008.

Of course if the level of worthy contributions were to increase, we might be forced to reconsider, so we will keep it under review.
Thu 07/06/12 at 17:06
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
So Freeola should be a movie streaming site that works on tablets & smart phones then? :P
Thu 07/06/12 at 16:50
Regular
pb had the right idea. What do we have now that we didn't have in 2008 that everyone is using? That's right, smart phones and tablets!

I was just watching Spider-Man on my iPad as I was eating dinner, then went in the bedroom and resumed it on my wifes iPhone. Then I went to my office and now playing it on my iPod Touch! The world is a lot different since 2008 when I was chatting on here using my HP laptop slab.
Thu 07/06/12 at 16:48
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Meant to mention this earlier ....

"The number of visitors to the Freeola interactive sites in the past month was 129,000. That's pretty good really, but it is 40% down on the same period in 2008."

Just what is the relevance of 2008? I know statistics are easily twisted, but surely 2011 would be better.
Thu 07/06/12 at 16:20
Regular
If you want more contributions then you're going to need more than the 5 regular people who post on this forum.

Most of the regulars have aged 8-12 years since joining and don't have the time to post about games anymore. So what you need is fresh young blood.

Unfortunately whenever someone new comes to the forum, they get put off when they see 12 new threads in 4 months and a handful of people talking about the weather in the WLT.

Anyone got any ideas of how to revive the forum and thus get lots of new (lets be honest we all know its poor students) users joining the forum and posting lots of content to win free stuff?
Thu 07/06/12 at 16:14
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Had to happen (recession of quality) ... but you've now been told :¬)
Thu 07/06/12 at 15:10
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Unfortunately, with the reduction in the levels of contributions, there are less "worthy" entries each week for us to consider for prizes. Therefore we are reducing the number of prizes to just one per week instead of two. This will take effect soon, once the changes to the Win Free Games pages are completed.

We will try to encourage our moderators to create some more GAD Challenges.

The number of visitors to the Freeola interactive sites in the past month was 129,000. That's pretty good really, but it is 40% down on the same period in 2008.

Of course if the level of worthy contributions were to increase, we might be forced to reconsider, so we will keep it under review.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.