GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MOH:AA - what does everyone think?"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/02/02 at 14:14
Regular
What does everyone think about Medal of Honour: Allied Assault?
Tue 19/02/02 at 13:50
Regular
"That's right!"
Bugs?

I haven't seen any
Tue 19/02/02 at 13:20
I've had a go on my friend's computer, and I was impressed, not expecting much after people compared it to the likes of Half Life, but I won't go back into that (read my topic for more). The graphics are brilliant, and the sound is very impressive. I found that it was a little buggy in some parts, but overall very good. I'll be buying it when I can muster up the cash, but I stand by my sentiment that it's the best game SINCE Half Life. I dare say it's better, but it's the best since, without a shadow of a doubt.
Mon 18/02/02 at 23:33
Regular
"That's right!"
Man Deus Ex was a pile of poo, I took mine back for a refund less than a week after I got it
Mon 18/02/02 at 20:12
Ive only played the demo so far but it seems very linear. You cant tackle the mission in a different way. Deus Ex gave you lots of freedom, this game puts you on a path and you follow it.
Mon 18/02/02 at 19:02
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Very good but way too short, I'm already on the 5th mission out of 6.
Sat 16/02/02 at 20:14
Regular
"That's right!"
This game is AMAZING! I've been playing it all day

I've already posted a review of it, even though I'm only half way through the game

10 out of 10, easy
Sat 16/02/02 at 19:54
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
SFA wrote:
At the end of the day, are all extra in-game physics and bells and whistles
> you talk about really noticeable, and do they make for a radically better gaming
> experience?

It's not so much the physics, but more so the artificial intelligence that make this game as good as it is. If Allied Assault had AI on par with, say, Project IGI, it would be a totally different game.

And about your earlier point about the game slowing down for no reason, it's probably due to engine loading up the enemies and environments further down the road. Remember, the lack of in-game loading screens also sets this apart from the crowd. :)
Sat 16/02/02 at 19:48
Even with minimum detail, MOHAA runs like a slug on my machine compared to games like RTCW with their settings set to max. In MOH, the FPS swings up and down like a mad thing, which only detracts from the experience of playing the game. Okay, you can expect the FPS to drop when things get busy. But, when this happens with zilch going on it implies to me sloppy programming.
I am not alone in my views either. Ever since the game has been released in the US, the forums on planetmedalofhonor.com have been full of gamers complaining about performance, some of those with high-end Athlon XP chips and GF3 Ti500 cards.
At the end of the day, are all extra in-game physics and bells and whistles you talk about really noticeable, and do they make for a radically better gaming experience?
Sat 16/02/02 at 18:29
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
sloppy programming?! You wanna watch what you say about it, as it's highly-favoured among our resident FPS gamers!
As I said before, the game is a graphical behemoth, squeezing every last bit of juice out of the Quake3 engine, showing that it's still got something left in it.
It's amazing how they've managed to shove so much on screen, along with the most sophisticated A.I. and physics ever to be implemented into a videogame!

Sloppy programming? I think not!
Sat 16/02/02 at 18:16
Yeah, game seems to have serious performance problems on anything but the very powerful machines. Seems that sloppy programming is at fault, EA have ruined the Quake 3 engine. Shame because the game has some excellent bits in it...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.