GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MOH:AA - what does everyone think?"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/02/02 at 14:14
Regular
What does everyone think about Medal of Honour: Allied Assault?
Thu 07/03/02 at 17:11
Regular
"That's right!"
Solskjær_24 wrote:
> It looks like a brilliant game, kinda like a RTS in FPS mode. If I had a better
> PC i'd get it!
It's not coming out on X-box or anything is it??

---------

I dunno about that, but another Medal Of Honour game is coming out on PS2, so I would imagine either Allied Assault or an X-Box exclusive game will be out for the X-Beast
Wed 06/03/02 at 19:25
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
It rules!

End of story.
Wed 06/03/02 at 12:14
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It looks like a brilliant game, kinda like a RTS in FPS mode. If I had a better PC i'd get it!
It's not coming out on X-box or anything is it??
Tue 05/03/02 at 14:07
Regular
"That's right!"
It does have a lot of replay value, as the AI does different things each time you play a level

On the demo (which I played a thousand times) each time the enemy would do a different thing. Sometimes they'd all get together and rush me, sometimes they'd split up and hide in buildings. Sometimes they'd run away and regroup with other soldiers. It's great
Tue 05/03/02 at 09:23
I think this game is great! Ive been playing it all weekend.

As for the sloppy graphics - I agree! The screen seems a bit juttery when I scroll to the right or left with Graphic settings all maxed out. I remember reading that if you turn all shadows off or volumetric fog or something then the choppiness disappears..is that true?

Anyway - Great game imo :)
Thu 28/02/02 at 22:28
Hiya,

SFA wrote:
At the end of the day, are all extra in-game physics and bells and whistles
you talk about really noticeable, and do they make for a radically better gaming experience?

I would just like to say that it's when the physics aren't noticable that a game really shines. When everything 'feels' right, it helps you forget it's a game so I would say to the developers...Go for it, squeeze as much realism in as you can.

Just my two euros, anyone else got a view on this?
Thu 28/02/02 at 22:23
Well, I gotta say, I love this game. I do, but it's over way too fast :-(

The thing is it is very linear even though it hides the fact. There really is only one way thru each mission.....replay value? sadly not much. Having said that, the physics / whole experience of the game will have me playing thru again, I'm sure.

Overall, I feel a little cheated....Is that it?....I guess I'm greedy, I wanted even more

Anyway, I still load RTCW up for a quick blast, and Operation Flashpoint, so there is life there.

Nick B
Mon 25/02/02 at 12:25
"High polygon count"
Bloody amazing game! I bought it on Friday, and have been playing it ALL weekend. Even on Medium difficulty, it's pretty hard in places.

Highlights so far are the Omaha Beach landing and getting the plans for the new Panzer tank. I'm currently on the mission where you steal the tank and have to escape through the village.

The Sniper's Last Stand mission before it was hard, but a hell of a lot of fun - it's nice to have a game where running in guns blazing won't get you through.

I'm running it on a Special Reserve MAXX PC - P4 1.7GHz, 256Mb RAM and a 64Mb GeForce 3 card, with all the details whacked up to maximum, and it runs like a dream. It has crashed on me twice though (I have WinXP), but it's no great problem - you don't lose any gameply thanks to the regular auto-saving - and the game is such a joy to play - so atmospheric - I even flinch when the snipers hit me!

I'm at work at the moment, and I can't *wait* to get home and get back to it.
Tue 19/02/02 at 23:31
Regular
"That's right!"
If they get in the way, it's because they're doing something

If you move backwards or whatever, they'll move
Tue 19/02/02 at 19:20
Yes, there are (unfortunately) some little buggy bits and pieces, but they aren't too bad, and so don't take away too much from the game. For instance, sometimes your own men get in the way, and it's difficult or impossible to move them out of the way, which I can imagine to be incredibly frustrating when reaching the end of a level, and a difficult one at that. I find shooting them is the easist...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.