GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grand Theft Auto 4 :"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto IV'.
Wed 18/12/02 at 13:59
Regular
Hinted at work from a guy who has connections with a dude that works for Take Two. The next Grand Theft Auto is going to be set in the future around a city with looks based on those of the Blade Runner film.

I can only think of the possibilites and endless plotline ideas they will come up with. Maybe there is another game to actually look forward to on the PS2....
Fri 20/12/02 at 12:54
Regular
"everyone says it"
My topic is a bloodbath!!!

Cool.
Fri 20/12/02 at 12:52
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Slaveunit wrote:
> no, but id be interested in hearing any evidence that its not.....

And your theory?
Fri 20/12/02 at 12:50
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Laydeeees and gentlmeeeen! You join us for this heavyweight bout between....
*drum roll*

*assume stupid boxing voice*

Geeriiid in the red corner and Slaaaave Unnniiit in the blue corner! I want a clean fight - nothing below the belt. Touch gloves, please.

*Gerrid, with a contemtuous sneer, touches gloves with Slaveunit who has a perplexed expression on his mien*

Now FIGHT!

*bell rings and Gerrid rushes out of the corner and smashes Slaveunit on his bonce with awesome ferocity. Slaveunit's knees buckle and he crashes to the floor with a loud thump. The timer reads 12 seconds*

Good God, that's a fearsome strike! Slaveunit, get up! 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...

*Slaveunit shakes his head and looks around at all the fans clamouring for his blood. With an angry snarl he slowly rises*

Let the fight continue!

*Gerrid and Slaveunit circle each other warily. Slaveunit has an ugly puple welt just above his eye and blood is flowing freely into his right eye, obscuring his vision, but in no way diminishing his relish for revenge. Gerrid throws a punch and Slaveunit blocks it and feints in with a hard jab. Gerrid goes for the block, but, too late, it was a fake to expose Gerrid. Slaveunit is aware of this and pounces for the kill. A hard right uppecut while screaming something unitelligible results in a direct hit on Gerrid's jaw and Gerrid collapses like a sack of spuds*

Get up, Gerrid, get up!

*Gerrid stands up so quickly that the crowd is silenced*

*Bell rings*

*Both Gerrid and Slaveunit look a bit shaken. Slaveunit's trainer throws a bucket of water over him and start rubbing vaseline all over him so that Gerrid punches won't have as much effect. Slaveunit's trainer says, "What did you scream when you hit Gerrid?"
Slaveunit turns his head and replies in a hoarse voice, "Sho-ryu-ken! I thought it would work but I'm not playing a game anymore..."
The trainer doesn't reply - he simply pushes Slaveunit off his stool into the middle of the ring where Gerrid is waiting eagerly with a glee-like expression.*

*The bell rings*

Round two!
Fri 20/12/02 at 12:40
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
no, but id be interested in hearing any evidence that its not.....
Fri 20/12/02 at 12:10
Regular
"bit of a brain"
So you are saying what I said was a lie?
Fri 20/12/02 at 11:10
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
gerrid wrote:
> Multiplatform games are designd for and on the lowest common
> denominator so that conversions don't require parts of the game to be
> removed.

Absolute cheddar.

They develop for the PS2 first because there are more PS2s in peoples homes than any other machine, so they are more likely to sell more copies of the game to recoup on the cost of making it. Once they have their money plus a bit more, they do the conversion.

Pretty much all of the developers do this, apart from the ones that are contracted to the console.
Fri 20/12/02 at 10:55
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> gerrid wrote:
> denominator so that conversions don't require parts of the game to
> be
> removed.
>
> Must be why they added to Wreckless before porting from Xbox to PS2
> then, eh? ;-p

So, does that make PS2 more capable than XBox? Well, if Wreckless was "upgraded" when it was ported from XBox to PS2, it must mean some thing.
Thu 19/12/02 at 17:17
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If they programme the game for the PS2, they don't have to downgrade it. SO their job is easier.
Thu 19/12/02 at 17:14
"High polygon count"
gerrid wrote:
> removed.

Must be why they added to Wreckless before porting from Xbox to PS2 then, eh? ;-p
Thu 19/12/02 at 17:13
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> removed.
> If you make a game on the technically worst console, then it will be
> easier to upgrade it for the other consoles that downgrade it, if it
> was developed on a higher spec machine.

Yea, but they dont *upgrade* it for the other consoles. I don't count minor bit's like slightly different lighting effects as *upgrades*.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.