GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grand Theft Auto 4 :"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto IV'.
Wed 18/12/02 at 13:59
Regular
Hinted at work from a guy who has connections with a dude that works for Take Two. The next Grand Theft Auto is going to be set in the future around a city with looks based on those of the Blade Runner film.

I can only think of the possibilites and endless plotline ideas they will come up with. Maybe there is another game to actually look forward to on the PS2....
Fri 20/12/02 at 13:26
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Ref - "Round two."

*Gerrid is still looking far too confident for his own good. Slaveunit looks a bit worse for wear but he will persevere. Both combatants are moving slowly around each other. The crowd is chanting "KILL HIM! KILL HIM!" No-one is sure who the crowd is referring to - they just want to see chaos, carnage, death and bloody violence.*

*"You're dead!" screams Slaveunit and pounces with a speed that contradicts his injuries. A quick one-two combo in Gerrid's face results in Gerrid panting and nursing two black eyes that are slowly swelling shut. Eager to capitalise on his punches, Slaveunit lumbers in but he's not ready for Gerrid's counterattack. Indeed, no-one is ready for it (not even the humble narrator - me!) when Gerrid jumps up in the air, puts his boxing gloves together and LITERALLY flies down on top of Slaveunit's head so hard that Slaveunit's legs are embeeded two feet in the canvas floor. Slaveunit tries to fall foward but he can't - he's actually stuck in the canvas. Gerrid moves in for the kill just as the bell rings*

Ref - "Well, people, I bet we wouldn't see that would we? An unexpected move from Gerrid sees him getting the upper hand."

*Slaveunit's trainer fumbles with the ropes and enter the ring whereupon he grabs Slaveunit's boxing gloves and tries to haul him out of the hole he's in. The trainer turns to the ref and says, "What the hell are you doing? This isn't a fair boxing match and why didn't you stop the fight after that puch from Gerrid?"*

Ref - "What? Who said this was a boxing match? It's not. I didn't ring the bell because it's a fight to the death, no holds barred!"

*Crowd start whooping like rednecks discovering they've got another sister they can abuse*

*Meanwhile, Gerrid's trainer slips some metal links into his gloves and says, "This'll give him something to think about - heh heh!" Gerrid nods with sage-like understanding and assumes such a frightening expression on his face that the trainer, the crowd and the ref are visibly shocked. Slaveunit looks impervious to it, but is it all an act?*

*The bell rings*

Ref - "Round three!"
Fri 20/12/02 at 13:19
Regular
"ProGolfer"
If i was them i would releaseit on PS3 at launch or just after launch.
Fri 20/12/02 at 13:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Perhaps.
Fri 20/12/02 at 13:08
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Sorry for any confusion! I swear I read somewhere that someone referred to you as....erm anyway it doesn't matter.

*digs himself deeper into the hole. Unbeliever has hit rock bottom and keeps on digging.*
Fri 20/12/02 at 13:06
Regular
"bit of a brain"
no
Fri 20/12/02 at 13:05
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Gerid are you a girl? I just need to know so I can write the next bout in an appropriate format. Not that I'm going to dumb down on the violence. I just don't want to refer to you as "he"...
Fri 20/12/02 at 13:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
*violence*
Fri 20/12/02 at 12:59
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
gerrid wrote:
> I admit that what I said was simply a theory. I can't imagine
> Slavunit's was anything more either.

Forget all this pontificating. Settle your differences in the ring of doom!
FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!

*hundreds of crazy voices jump on the bandwagon and start screaming, "FIGHT!*. They don't know who's fighting or what they're fighting about but they don't care. They need to see violence.*
Fri 20/12/02 at 12:57
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I admit that what I said was simply a theory. I can't imagine Slavunit's was anything more either.
Fri 20/12/02 at 12:56
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Can someone else do round two? I want a different perspective on it...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.