GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"/////// The End Of Gamecube? /////////"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/12/02 at 12:45
Regular
History repeats itself in many ways most notibally now in the console world, Look at my chart to see what i mean:

Playstation = Can chip the playstation so the games are cheaper, still around today.

Sega Saturn = Lol, Waste of money COULD NOT CHIP THE THING, not around today ------------> Console Graveyard.

Nintendo 64 = Could not chip the thing to get cheap games, had Heavy game prices -------------> Console Graveyard.

Dreamcast = Could play *Copied* Games on it without been chippped, only went to graveyard cause of lack of support and killed off by the PS2

PS2 = Can chip the thing, has loads of games already, Massave audience like it or not and one of the tree next-gen consoles.

Xbox = Becoming increasingly popular, Games catolougue getting bigger, can now get it chipped for a mere 50.00. (Now Sold More Than Gamecube)

Gamecube = Cant chip it, Not alot of classic games so far.....Sold less than the x-box and is even cheaper.

The Fact been that most of the consoles that you can get chipped, end up in the Console Graveyard, Does this spell Disaster For Our Beloved Gamecube??
Thu 19/12/02 at 20:27
nintendo will always come up with the goods, and the n64 i think thats not dead the games on it are sweet. as for chippping, thats illegal and companys don't get money for it.
Fri 20/12/02 at 19:02
Regular
"i test games 4 fun="
I have my ps chipped and the games are great i have to admit that some break down but hardly i mean admit it it is cheaper than originals.I have world cup 2002 on ps2 and sometimes when im playing a game and there is a free kick to be taken beckham takes it because im mostly england and the disk crashes and my ps2 isn't chipped because i heard rumors that they brake and i believe the people who say that but still there isnt nothing wrong with chipping and they are trying to find a way of chipping game boy but now they have gone onto game boy advance because game boys a bit out now face it.So originals still break down but hardly like chipped games and instead of getting your whatever chipped putting a cartridge in the back or wherever is cheaper.But still i think chipping is clever but i only have 3 consoles and one of them are chipped thats including my game boy oh yeah and i dont know why they said they where gonna get a chip for game boy because it dont even need one and probably the same with game boy advance.I'm scared of my ps2 braking by chipping it so im not gonna but i did have my ps chipped and ive got millions of games and really if you wanna ask me chippings good but its easy and you chip so many you get bored in the end but its still a good idea.
Fri 20/12/02 at 21:04
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Longest. Sentence. Ever.
Do you know how to use commas and full stops?
Fri 20/12/02 at 23:27
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
The Gamecube has the most origanal games so far, it has sold more than the xbox and only poor people needs copied games!
Fri 20/12/02 at 23:32
Regular
"i test games 4 fun="
Adamario wrote:
> The Gamecube has the most origanal games so far, it has sold more than
> the xbox and only poor people needs copied games!
what are you trying to say?bubba.I aint poor and probably got more dosh than you!!
Fri 20/12/02 at 23:34
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Lol, i agree, if you're really into gaming, you'll spend that extra money, just to ensure the high standra og gaming you get.
Fri 20/12/02 at 23:58
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
What?

You just contradicted yourself.
Sat 21/12/02 at 00:11
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
J-42 wrote:
> What?
>
> You just contradicted yourself.

Oops, I just think its silly getting a chip what costs lots, when with the money you spent on it you could buy the proper games that you want copied.
Sat 21/12/02 at 13:22
Regular
"i test games 4 fun="
it costs a lot but i got it free from my godfather and the games are from a car boot £10 for 3 ps games and if they didnt work or you didnt like it you get all your money back and only give the game back that you dont like and you get to keep the rest!!
Sat 21/12/02 at 13:24
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Full stops.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.