GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"/////// The End Of Gamecube? /////////"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/12/02 at 12:45
Regular
History repeats itself in many ways most notibally now in the console world, Look at my chart to see what i mean:

Playstation = Can chip the playstation so the games are cheaper, still around today.

Sega Saturn = Lol, Waste of money COULD NOT CHIP THE THING, not around today ------------> Console Graveyard.

Nintendo 64 = Could not chip the thing to get cheap games, had Heavy game prices -------------> Console Graveyard.

Dreamcast = Could play *Copied* Games on it without been chippped, only went to graveyard cause of lack of support and killed off by the PS2

PS2 = Can chip the thing, has loads of games already, Massave audience like it or not and one of the tree next-gen consoles.

Xbox = Becoming increasingly popular, Games catolougue getting bigger, can now get it chipped for a mere 50.00. (Now Sold More Than Gamecube)

Gamecube = Cant chip it, Not alot of classic games so far.....Sold less than the x-box and is even cheaper.

The Fact been that most of the consoles that you can get chipped, end up in the Console Graveyard, Does this spell Disaster For Our Beloved Gamecube??
Thu 19/12/02 at 14:39
Regular
He says he agrees with Goerge W Bush that they should attack Iraq.
Thu 19/12/02 at 15:40
Regular
"Great Gameplay =Fun"
Does it really matter if you can get consoles chipped?
I mean, it is piracy and it is a complete waste of time, the 'copied' games are very poor quality and they muck up the standards of the console.
Aren't consoles and games there so you can buy them?

I rest my case

:-) Si20.
Thu 19/12/02 at 17:20
"You love us!"
Ev][L~Dark wrote:
> You can chip a Gamecube...I'm sure of it...

You can chip a USA/JAP GC to play games from the opposite region. i.e. Jap game on a USA machine, but the UK machine has no such mod available and you cannot play copied games on any region Cube.

After over a year of being on the market (Jap release) the GameCube has still not been cracked by ANY of the major cracking groups. And believe me, they've been trying, very hard!

I've been meaning to do a decent post on the subject of chipping/piracy and how it effects the sales of a console, but have been to busy. While this post is rather primitive in it's structure and explanation of the situation, there is a tangible correlation.

Just as an example, the sales of the ailing Dreamcast nearly doubled when the Utopia bootdisk was released - meaning that pirate games could then be played on a DC with no hassle.

Anyway, I’ll get around to this in the New Year. When you see the whole picture, you'll be very surprised.
Thu 19/12/02 at 17:33
"You love us!"
Also just for the record, there are *a lot* of very naive views on pirate software, and the quality there of, coming from people who should really know better.

If you still believe that a pirate version of a game is inferior in anyway to that of the original, then you are either ignorant and have no clue what you’re talking about or are just plain stupid. Bottom line, a copied game is identical in quality, features and playability to that of the original it was copied from – FACT.

If you are looking for a something to slate about copied games, then why not at least stick to the facts. Copied games *will* make the lens of your consoles CD/DVD drive work much, much harder and therefore it will die sooner than it would if you played only original games. This is due to the fact that blank DVDs and CDs have less reflectively than a pressed (original) DVD/CD and therefore the diode in the lens requires a higher level of intensity to read the information on said DVD/CD, thus it wears out quicker.

Yes, all gamers *should* be against piracy as it is harming the industry we all love, and in my case, the industry that provides me with a little extra spending money at the end of each month. Just get your facts straight before you start preaching from your ivory towers.
Thu 19/12/02 at 17:57
Regular
"thursdayton!"
what did i say yesterday about stoopid topics?
ok, this one is ok, but no need to be melodramatic in the title and put loads of ///// to attract us to the post. i will find it my self thanks.
no classic games on cube? what about sunshine? we've had 8 months of PAl cube so far! but next year - what about metroid? zelda? final fantasy? resi0? nintendo aren't going to let the gamecube 'die', even though sometimes it seems that way....
Thu 19/12/02 at 18:19
Regular
"Give me some money"
The Gamecube is the best ever so it dosen't matter what anyonethinks
Thu 19/12/02 at 19:19
Regular
"Festivus!"
Chipped games LOSE a console money, as does someone buying a console
Thu 19/12/02 at 19:47
"Mimmargh!"
What the hell is this guy going on about?
Thu 19/12/02 at 19:50
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Protoss wrote:
> What the hell is this guy going on about?

i dunno. yesterday he was trying to get us all to quit these forums and join his own, where no-one posts as it takes 3-5hrs for a message to appear!
stoopid n00b...
Thu 19/12/02 at 20:23
Regular
"thursdayton!"
EL1M1N@TOR 2015 wrote:
> Actaully the Gamecube can be chipped, but all you need to do is buy
> the Freeloader disc (damn you come to England!) or an Action Replay
> disc.
>
> You don't need to damge the Gamecube in anyway just because he's
> impatient at waiting for games to come into the country he's in.

there is no mod or chip for PAL gamecubes, only for US/JAP ones.

call me impatient (and you will) but i can't be bothered to wait for animal crossing to come out here. i will be getting a bundle off goblindirect:

US Platium cube (ltd edition) comes with leads and controller etc.
Animal Crossing (comes with mem. card)
3rd Party GBA to GC cable
Stepdown Convertor

for an amazing £179 + £9.99 p+p

or you can get the same bundle for black and purple, but for only £149.
and there is a bundle like this for every game they do, but it just doesn;t include the link cable. if you are impatient like me and have around £150 to splash, this is your site: goblindirect.co.uk

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.