GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"/////// The End Of Gamecube? /////////"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/12/02 at 12:45
Regular
History repeats itself in many ways most notibally now in the console world, Look at my chart to see what i mean:

Playstation = Can chip the playstation so the games are cheaper, still around today.

Sega Saturn = Lol, Waste of money COULD NOT CHIP THE THING, not around today ------------> Console Graveyard.

Nintendo 64 = Could not chip the thing to get cheap games, had Heavy game prices -------------> Console Graveyard.

Dreamcast = Could play *Copied* Games on it without been chippped, only went to graveyard cause of lack of support and killed off by the PS2

PS2 = Can chip the thing, has loads of games already, Massave audience like it or not and one of the tree next-gen consoles.

Xbox = Becoming increasingly popular, Games catolougue getting bigger, can now get it chipped for a mere 50.00. (Now Sold More Than Gamecube)

Gamecube = Cant chip it, Not alot of classic games so far.....Sold less than the x-box and is even cheaper.

The Fact been that most of the consoles that you can get chipped, end up in the Console Graveyard, Does this spell Disaster For Our Beloved Gamecube??
Thu 19/12/02 at 13:26
Regular
"Erm....."
Im still up for copied games, you can buy something like 30 games which are copied just for the price of an original
Thu 19/12/02 at 13:32
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
gerrid wrote:
> GcMaster wrote:
> If you had the chance to buy a game at 40.00, then you see a copied
> version at it for 3.00, which would you buy?
>
> The £40 one.
> Because I wouldn't want to cheat the people who made the game out of
> the money they deserve. And because the £3 would be unreliable
> and also illegal.

The full price one. Firstly because it's an official version. Secondly, to stop piracy which I abhorr and thirdly because I'm proud of my games collection. I don't want a cheap pirated copy that I couldn't be sure of working 100% correctly. Not that I'm saying if it was 100% working I'd buy the pirate copy. It was different in the days of the speccy when games were so cheap and easy to copy but nowadays piracy is the single biggest problem in the games industry. Good work to Nintendo for making small discs - it reduces the chance of piracy which in turn, leads to a loss of revenue for the game developers. Which can lead to having less money to invest for new games or ventures.
Thu 19/12/02 at 13:37
Regular
"Erm....."
DONT POST HERE ANYMORE - I ahve done it twice now so let this Thread go down the listing where it belongs
Thu 19/12/02 at 13:57
Regular
Actually the Game Cube is selling better than X-Box. And the GC does have classics such as:
1 The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
2. Mario 128
3. Eternal Darkness
4. Resident Evil
5. Star Fox Adventures
6. Metroid Prime
7. 1080 Avalanche
8. Pikmin
9. Time Splitters 2
10. Super Smash Brothers Melee.
Thu 19/12/02 at 13:59
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I presume you meant Mario Sunshine, not Mario 128, of which we know nothing.
Thu 19/12/02 at 14:04
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> I presume you meant Mario Sunshine, not Mario 128, of which we know
> nothing.
No I meant Mario 128 it's the proper sequal to Mario 64.
Thu 19/12/02 at 14:09
"+ suspicious minds"
GC-'master', most companies plan to make up losses on hardware with software. since the X-box is selling along with four of it's best games for £20 each, then they are going to need to make Up on that. although four of it's best titles for £20 each perhaps isn't the best way to go about doing it. plus athe gaming industry WOULD fall apart. how much money do you think nintendo/sony/microsoft would make JUST on the console. not enough to keep them afloat, certainly.

you are a bigger mook than JBH. the mook.

*mooks*
Thu 19/12/02 at 14:27
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
How come GcMaster is still red...?

Isn't he suppose to be a Newbie by now?
Thu 19/12/02 at 14:35
Regular
I can read Shigsy's mind.
Thu 19/12/02 at 14:36
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Indeed....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.